Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 1 decade ago

How can I increase sound volume if my laptop speakers are already at 100% (e.g. for online videos)?

I have all of the volume controls in Windows Vista turned to 100%. I can generally get enough volume when using most programs (e.g. iTunes), but a few things such as online videos are often just too quiet.

Short of hooking up powered external speakers, how can I make sounds louder? For example, is there a program or Windows tweak that would let me increase my volume system-wide?

Thanks!

Billy Rebel: Thanks for the answer. I don't want to use external speakers though, because I use the laptop in many different locations.

Mark: Yep, I'm sure everything is turned up. The speakers can definitely handle more volume, I just need to know if there's a way to increase/amplify it (preferably system-wide).

Favorite Answer

Radio Shack sells a volume booster for about $24. It's made for Ipod headphones, but will work with little speakers also.

I actually have a difficulty a useless ringer for this even as attempting to visual exhibit unit DVD's, the music performed yet i could not heear all people speaking. What I did to resolve my difficulty develop into to bypass onto the sound settings and modify it from encompass sound to mono-audio device and it worked!! So i advise taking a glance on the settings on your sound and if this does no longer artwork then attempting the information superhighway web site of the business business enterprise that madeyour pc.

well, im not sure if you've done this.. but check if the volume controls embedded in the online video is turned up

hope this helps