Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

can anybody help me find me...?

I am a 26 yo M. I am unemployed and I have developed a fear of failure/ rejection. I have gained weight over the past couple of years and I have isolated myself and leave my house probably a maximum of 4 times per week ( if at all). I feel that during the last couple of years I have let my depression take over me to the point that I have lost interest in things that I had a passion for.like music, traveling, fashion and myself. I have lost all my friends ( no exaggeration ) I cant stand to go outside because I feel as if poeple were making fun of me because Im fat....anyways, the wuestion is: what can I do?..I feel as if I have tried everything ( psychiatrist, talking to people etc..) and nothing seems to work...How can I get over this and is there anyone that has gonethrough this before?...have you evert felt this way ? what can I do/what have you done to get over these feelings?.... I dont know ... I dont even make sense anymore.....

Favorite Answer

I know it sounds extreme. But check yourself into a psych ward at your nearest hospital. I did it. I was much the same. 2 years ago I went through a really awful break up. Afterwards I gained a lot of weight, stopped seeing people. Lost several of my friends. Lost my scholarship to college, got kicked out of college. I even tried to kill myself. That was the last straw. I didn't really want to die. I just didn't want to feel the way I did anymore. I talked to a therapist. It didn't really help. So I checked myself into the psych ward at my local hospital. It was the worst experience of my life. I couldn't sleep there, I couldn't eat there. It was like something out of a horror movie. The people who were there were creepy, creepy people. There were screams at all times of the day and night. My roommate wet herself everytime she had to empty her bladder. So my room smelled constantly of urine. So now your probably going..."uh..why would i want to do that to myself then?" Why? Because it is a HUGE wake up call. After seeing those people..I didn't want to end up like them. I didn't want to die, and I didn't want to live a half life anymore. I got a new job....it wasn't the greatest but it was SOMETHING...it took up time, and for some reason when you HAVE a job, other jobs seem to come along. I started to go out a little bit more. Not anything huge. But I went to a karaoke place, and would just sit there by myself and have a drink while I watched drunk people make as*es out of themselves. After a few weeks of doing this people would start to come up and talk to me. I had unknowingly become a regular. The great thing about karaoke bars...pretty much every body is watching the drunk person jumping around on the stage acting like an idiot. You'll probably be one of the most normal people there. I also started to work out at home. Again..not anything huge. I'm not a huge fan of exercise. So I did it in 10 minute increments. I'd jog in place for 10 minutes. Then a few hours later, I'd do it again. I did that about 3 times a day. I started that a year ago. I've lost 40 pounds. I feel so much better.

I know you can feel better too. At least try some of the things I mentioned. And if all else fails...there is always church. I'm not a religious person. In fact..I used to be pagan.But churches are great because they provide a setting where you don't have to become best buddies with everyone there, You don't have to tell them your life story, but you can still participate in the church events. Find a small church, go to the barbecues, the chorus performances, and the fundraising events. The people are always very nice, and the events are undemanding.

I have confidence in you. It's time for you to start building confidence in yourself.

Only my 2 children...till they are 18. I deliver them a distinct quantity of freedom, however now not an excessive amount of. They're nonetheless little. I allow them to be themselves, however I do not allow them to be disrespectful or harmful. And I pay the costs and purchase the garments so that they put on wth I inform them to.

i have the same problem i don't like talking to the person at burger king to take my order cause i think they mit think im gay or something i have 4 Friends and i don't like them i leave my house 2 times a week that's all

Source(s): ive been trying to get a job to see if that helped but i cant seem to find one im 18 we cant be the only 2 out ther