If God answered my one prayer with "NO!" every day, would it be an insult to Him if I started using viagra?

The above sentence is just a silly example, of course. But the question is rather serious.

If you pray for something, and God's answer was clearly no, is it okay to do something else to make it work anyway?

If I have a toothache, pray to God to make it go away, and the toothache remains, is going to a dentist an insult to Him?

Favorite Answer

It would be like giving god the middle finger.

XD

your referring to religious provocation which is different then doing what GOD wants. know one knows what or who GOD is so if you pray to GOD for something and this is all you ever do till the day you die you will (never) get what you wanted. that because it is a false sense of security to do so. Religion is great at creating this through fear. just look around and judge for yourself. Now do not mix the message this sends because not all religious people are evil or say the wrong things many religious people have great abilities in what they offer the world. YOU have to make up your mind as to just how much some of these people are worth trusting. For the most part life is reasonably simple until you add morals into the fray. What becomes right and wrong for some may interfere with their beliefs based on old world connections. Having sex is not a sin, and having sex with a minor is not a sin but just try it and logic says that you will be put in jail for the later. If you want to call this Gods will then so be it I call it logic since this is no different then killing yourself to prove a point as long as others do it with you. I call this nuts and would try to stop you and the others if there were others but logic tells me that if you and these others jump then to hell with the lot of you since life goes on lol. good luck

Obviously God invented dentists. .. you just can't get around that kind of commitment.. lol.

Mind you.. following that logic.. God indirectly created Viagra so I can go out and do the wild thing with men and their wives for hours on end ... so ummm.... really ... maybe the devil is responsible for viagra... and for dentists ... huh? Fact is in this world.. if you dont ask.. you dont get.

lol, I know this is a serious question.

But wouldn't God rather you do things for yourself than hope for him to help you? That would be lazy of you.

Just because God doesn't fix something doesn't mean he wants it to remain broken.

wait, i asked god for a million bucks, and he never answers. maybe god wants me to rob a bank, i don't know, maybe i should pray on it. of course since silence means approval.......

he helps those that help themselves.