Sad dream about death and love?

There are two parts to the dream:

First, my grandmother came to visit me in my college dorms and we chatted for a while.. behind her strong personality, she seemed very tired and depressed. Randomly she told me that a dead body had been found in her backyard.. later she confessed to me that the body was actually my grandpa. And we both broke down and wept together.

The dream then skips,

My roommate walks back to the dorms with my crush J (on just friendly terms) and we're sitting in the room talking. J subtly flirts with me.. touching toes, caressing my hand.. then for some reason he's teaching me some kind of piano song while standing behind me stroking my sides... We end up performing at some Christmas concert orchestra. The dream ends with us laying on a bed side by side, me resting my head in the crook of his arm... and i feel so happy.

I woke up feeling sad because what happened between J and me wasn't real.. then guilty about not having seen my grandparents in a long time.

Could anyone interpret this for me?

Favorite Answer

You need to keep in touch with your grandparents. Your grandmother may have a strong personality, but she is getting older and she may not feel that well at times. Your subconscious mind, which creates dreams and can be somewhat intuitive, may be sensing that she would like you to contact her from time to time. Your grandpa will not be here forever and she may be worried about his well being. Or you may just be sensing that you only have so much time to connect with them, before something could happen to one or both of them. They may have a long life ahead, but one can not take this for granted. After the first part of the dream you may have needed some comforting, ,bringing on the dream about your relationship with your crush. You may like it to be as close to your crush as in the dream. Dream do hint at possibilities, but one will not always find that the real world is as cooperative as the dream world can be. You can always try to move your relationship with your crush further along and see what is really possible. Meditate/pray, exercise, and eat healthy, so that you will stay spiritually strong, and be able to make the most of the important relationships in your life.