Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

I just got my membranes stripped. Any advice or recommendations? ?

Howdy ladies and any gents that may know something. I would just like some feedback on the membrane stripping process and what helps once this is done. It didn't hurt at all and there was no blood. I know some ladies say walk, but it is cold and raining here right now. But any words would be great!

Oh and I was 3 cm before hand.

Favorite Answer

My doc stripped my membranes as well. I was overdue by 4 days and was 1.5 cms dialated and 50% effaced at that time. It didn't hurt and no bleeding at all. I started getting contractions by that evening. But they were irregular. I kept my self busy with the household chores. By the next evening, I was getting regular contractions every 5 minutes. The next morning, we had our precious daughter.

I would suggest just keep doing your routine work.. keep urself busy and you'll have ur baby soon. Best of luck

Source(s): personal experience .. mother of a 3 month old

i had ny membranes stripped 3 times before anything. but def try sex or walk around your house and keep active, start cleaning or something, that sometimes helps.

have lots of sex semen is like prostin gel and orgasms like contractions so get to it x