Evaの
Evaの asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

i'm so sick of being fat, does puking really work?

i've been overweight since 13 *alittle before that*, now im 18. due to my low self esteem, i never had the confidence to do anything about it. im diagnosed with S-A-D, so that isnt working either. i feel like getting my knife & cut my fat out right now. does puking really works? & does starving really work too? some people says it doesnt so im not sure. i dont own a mirror in my room b/c i just hate the way i look. i've been fat for too long. is there anything you guys can answer me to do something about it??? meaning i know exersice obviously, but everytime i do, i break down & cry thinking it's hopeless & it's never gonna work.

Favorite Answer

Puking does not work and starving yourself does not work. There are many sensible things you can do that will make a tremendous difference over the long term if you need to lose weight. It can be done in a healthy way. This is what has worked for me, and it will work for you too if you give it a chance.

Keeping a food journal really does help. It will give you a much better sense of how much you are eating, and when, and why.

Make a few additional small changes - walk everywhere, always use stairs instead of elevators, walk on escalators, get up and move around at least once an hour if your work or your life in general is sedentary, walk every day, use a pedometer. Walking 10,000 steps a day is a really good idea. Build up to a long brisk walk everyday, or most days. Be more active and watch less TV and spend less time on the computer. Buy one piece of exercise equipment to have at home and be strict with yourself about using it. Sometimes you can find mini-steppers or exercise bikes at second hand stores and thrift stores for just a few dollars.

Start a weight lifting routine. Join a gym. Possibly you can find one that has someone who specializes in weight lifting programs for beginners. Weight lifting will increase your metabolism as well as improve posture and appearance overall. Even if you can't get to the gym you can work out at home using things around the house. Invest in a good weight training book. The Dummies series actually has a good one.

In terms of diet, cut out or reduce things like junk food, pop, fat, fast food. Eat more fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean meat, fish. Particularly if you choose a vegetarian lifestyle include natural peanut butter, hummus, dried fruit and nuts. Pay close attention to getting the nutrients your body needs to be healthy.

Make your portion sizes smaller. Use a smaller plate - in our society we have become accustomed to thinking that we need a large plate of food at every meal, and we don't. About quarter of your plate of food should be protein and at least half of it should be veggies.

Learn to count calories. At your current weight and activity level, you may possibly need about 2000 calories or more to maintain your current weight. So you will lose weight at a reasonable and healthy rate if you cut back to about 1600 or 1700 calories a day.

Eat small amounts frequently, rather than three large meals. Never skip breakfast. Include some protein in your breakfast. It will help get you through the day.

Drink plenty of water, at least 8 big glasses of water a day, and more if it is very hot, if you sweat a lot, or if you are exercising intensely, and eliminate fruit juices. Fruit juices have too many calories, so get your vitamins from fresh fruit, not the juice. You will begin to see changes in your body.

Check out websites about nutrition, exercise, weight training, etc. Here are a few helpful links.

http://www.nutrawatch.com/

http://www.caloriesperhour.com/

http://www.helpguide.org/life/healthy_eating_diet....

http://www.wikihow.com/Lose-Weight-the-Healthy-Way

http://weightloss.about.com/cs/fitness/a/aa011503a...

http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/features/no-...

ABSOLUTELY NOT, Puking is freakish, not normal behavior for weight losers, and not good for you.

Getting fat isn't more so how much you eat, it's mostly WHAT you eat.

You can even get slimmer without hardly any excersise as long as you eat right.

Eat lots of vegetables and fruits, and take vitamins, read the food pyramid, IT WORKS!

Do not be discouraged being bigger, I personally say to myself, life is too short just enjoy it, so even if you are a tad obese, try to lose the weight, but don't kill yourself over it.

But if you wish to lose weight, do NOT puke, it will only make you feel like garbage, and will lower your self esteem even more.

Just keep excersizing, even a few crunches every day help A TON!

I know this because I used to be scrawny, until I started working out, and now I'm very muscular.

Keep at it and don't let it get you down, do not listen to people.

and EAT if you are hungry, it can be miserable not eating...When I was in school I used to never eat lunch because my family could not afford it and when I brought a bag lunch I'd get made fun of, so I wouldn't eat till I got home, and it was miserable, I was always tired and felt crappy, so don't NOT eat.

Hun, please listen to me. Starving yourself will not make you lose weight! Without the nutrients and energy food provides, your muscles will shut down, you will be tired and cranky, and its is just really bad for your health.

You need to heighten your self esteem and lose weight at the same time. If you follow this plan for two weeks, this should happen.

1. Get a mani/pedi and get your hair styled.

2. Try a new exercise class every other day for a week until you find one that you like. Yoga, pilates, spinning, dance class, and jogging are all some suggestions. Usually you can take these classes through the YMCA or you can rent a video.

3. When you find one you like, go to it every other day.

4. Plan 3 yummy, healthy meals for one week at a time. Buy the ingredients, (and nothing else!) for the entire week. An example is:

breakfast: regular cheerios w/ skim milk and orange juice

lunch: "baby greens" salad with pecans, cranberries, mandarin oranges, and a fat-free dressing with diet coke

dinner: 1/2 grilled chicken breast, french cut green beans, a pear, and a slice of whole grain bread, and green tea

5. Plan a day to hang out with friends and try something new, like bike ride through a nature preserve, go to a museum, ect.

This should help you a ton babe!!! Have faith in yourself and give it a try and i promise you will see positive results! :)

Get some self control, stick to an exercise program, and burn more calories than you take in. You are the only person that can change you. If you don't like working out with weights, just walk two or three miles a day. Drink a lot of water and tea. Stick to low calorie food. Low fat food is misleading. Don't get it. Calories determine weight, not fat content.

Please read the following, every word, very carefully and think really hard over this...

DON'T! Don't do that, please don't do that. Many people have *died* due to attempting to puke so much stuff out of their body for the selfish purposes of having "a better body image". I'll say that again in another sense, doing something as extreme as puking up your stomach is *extremely* dangerous and unhealthy, please don't consider piking.

In fact, don't try and attempt to "cut your body fat out" neither, because it won't work, all you're going to do is rip up your stomach. That will kill you in no time and I don't have to have any research to work out that.

Here's what you should do and again, keep reading and absorb as much as I'm going to say as possible: the best way to healthily lose all this weight is through diet and exercise and before you have any doubts, it *does* work! It's worked for so many other people so it really should work for you. All you need to do is be determined enough to continue dieting and exercising and just keep at it, not lose hope, and don't overdo it too much (be gradual). Sure, it can take some time but it takes time to learn any other skill so stop thinking that it won't work and just go for it for a while and don't hold yourself back.

In short: stick with diets and exercise as they are guaranteed to work, no matter how long it takes. And never, *ever* subject to yourself to such desperate acts such as puking your stomach up over and over. I wish you the best of luck and I hope you will never come back to thinking about doing such awful, harmful and extreme acts like that in an attempt to lose weight.

• AD

Consider dieting and exercise. If you can't get to a gym try walking at least a mile every day and when you get more energy start to run. Eat foods that are more healthy and reduce your intake of fatty foods and soda. Puking to loose weight (medically known as Bulimia nervosa) isn't very healthy and will cause you to loose a lot of nutrients. There are several web sites that can give you more tips to loose weight in a healthy way, just google weight loss.

the more you say that the more it will come true( meaning you then won't loose weight) Never give up. here's what you can do. Start off everyday( one week) with running for at least 15-20 min, so your body gets used to it. Then, each week, add about 5-10 more min. After your used to it start off with cycling for a few days for a few min. and build on with that. If its too cold for biking then do jumping jacks. Also, do sit-ups like 15 one day, then 25 another, then 35 another. And keep practising. Eventually your body will get used to it and it won't cause you as much pain and intolerance. Don't say i can't do it or i suck because that brings down your self-esteem and then you start to loose self-esteem making yourself someone who does not perseve. Avoid junk food, and when you're at a store or wherever (That has food) avoid looking at the food because it will make you more tempted to eat it. I know, I sound riduclous and you don't have to listen to what I say but I'm just answering your question. And don't make yourself try to pucke because only screw-overs try to do that. It'll make you more sick and you'll mess up your system. So good luck and I hope you take my advice!!!!

Well it depends, being bulimic isn't good it messes your body up and if it goes on for ages you could rupture your esophagus. Plus you might not lose weight it depends how much you puke up, if it's only a bit then you probably won't lose weight but if it's like after every meal then you probably would but it's not good. And starving only half works you see the weight loss is temporary unless you stick to eating a certain amount of calories all the time to stay at the weight you lost but realistically you gain it all back once you start eating again because while your body is in starvation mode it clings on to every bit of food you give it and turns it in to fat.

Source(s): I know these things, i read into them lol

don't puke thats terrible for you...

The best way to loose weight is to exercise doing little things can make a huge difference rome wasn't built in a day and you wont loose a ton of weight in a day it takes time but exercise will make you feel better about yourself and you may not see the results right away but over time you will see an old picture of yourself now and you will amazed...Eat healthy,drink green tea and lots of water and exercise and before you know it you will look how you want to look... good luck keep your head up...

please do not vomit or starve yourself...starving yourself with just make your body hold onto whatver fat it can for as long as possible and vomiting will eat away at you teeth(i starved myself for a month and now i have a problem with binge eating which means i eat and eat which isnt good). i am trying to get back on track though and lose a few more pounds...many women who want to lose weight should consume a minimum of 1200 calories a day(to avoid starvation mode) eat fruit,veggies,oatmeal,lowfat yogurt,cottage cheese, nuts,fish,etc. also exercise! dont give up...its hard at first but once you see the results you will be so happy...it takes time though but dont worry it will happen! i guarantee if you work out for a month and eat right you WILL see a difference not only in how you look but how you feel...i did that last year and im going to do it again this year...starting tomorrow:) please dont give up!