Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

marcnm asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Help me pick a favorite NFL football team?

I keep trying to get into football but our own team (The Texans) has been a disappointment. Heck even the Oilers before them were better. I*refuse* to root for Dallas on principle. I used to live in Cincy, but the Bengals suck even worse. I used to like the Packers before Favre moved to the Jets. Then again I've never actually been to either Wisconsin or New York, so does that matter? Am I over-thinking this?

• VGpugs
    Favorite Answer

yea you are over thinking. It doesn't matter where you live. As a suggestion pick the Titans since they used to be the houston oilers and you seem to gravitate to some historical significant teams. But picking the Texans is not a bad choice, they are a young franchise making history and since you live there, you should feel that you are part of the city and a new tradition in football. So that's my 2 cents and Im a faithful 49er fan and my team has sucked big time over the past five years. But Im hangin in there because hopefully they are going to turn all this around and once again be a contender in the NFL.

BTW - just don't be a bandwagon fan, they have no credibility. I hate bandwagon fans, because they do not respect or understand true die hard football fans. You can like other teams, that's OK, but don't be flake and fake fan based on popularity as dictated by the media. Be real and pick a team.

yea, picking a team is a very big decision

But everyone knows that the steelers are the best team in the NFL. they are timeless. lol. or mabey u should just stick with the Bengals. When they go to the super bowl, ur gonna feel like a jack@$$ :]

Why dont u pick a few teams (or one from each division or confrence) and then as the season goes on u can watch them all and make an educated decision. or go on nfl's web site and look at the stats n find a team u think is worth a dam.

Stick 2 ur team or u will be critizised ;]

-Hali<3

How about Arizona? They are a very good story, with Kurt Warner's resurrection. Kurt Warner, by the way, is supposed to be a heckuva nice guy. Plus, they have an exciting, high flying offense. Plus, they are virtually guaranteed to host one playoff game this year, but since they've sucked for the past 60 years, you won't be accused of jumping on the bandwagon. Since the two teams I like (Cowboys and Bills) both are going down the tubes, and, like you, I find it tough to root for a Favre-less Packers team, I am thinking that once the playoffs start, and neither the Cowboys or Bills are in it, I will root for the Cardinals.

• Legend

Well as a Detroit Lions fan I know what your going through except there is NO hope at all for the Lions. I would stick with the Texans if I were you, they are just a player or two away from being a really good team.

Pittsburgh Steelers

I would pick the Texans too...Im not saying theyre gonna win a superbowl anytime soon but theyre going to be a contender. And you don't wanna pick Cincy because theyre in the Steelers division and the Steelers are the SHIZZLE!

You shouldn't have a favorite NFL team if you're worried about them "sucking". The Falcons sucked last year, but I was a die hard fan for them.... and look where we are now. And by the way, the texans are pretty good.

Tennessee Titans

The Texans are on the rise, and if you hate dallas, then stick with that.

otherwise I say be a KC chiefs fan, for no reason whatsoever.

Why pick a team if they start to have a down turn like all teams do you will just jump ship on them to.