Adopting The Least Likely To Be Adopted (Dog)?

So I'v Been Going Through A Rough Year, But Since I'm Getting Settled In Again It's Almost Time To Add A New Dog Into My Life, So I'v Been Reading Up On Breeds & I Like Strong Willed Breeds, Always Have, But Yet Again My Mother Used To Breed Shar Pei So I'm Used To It. I'm One Who Normally Buys From Breeders, But... show more So I'v Been Going Through A Rough Year, But Since I'm Getting Settled In Again It's Almost Time To Add A New Dog Into My Life, So I'v Been Reading Up On Breeds & I Like Strong Willed Breeds, Always Have, But Yet Again My Mother Used To Breed Shar Pei So I'm Used To It. I'm One Who Normally Buys From Breeders, But Since I'v Been Going Through Hell The Last Year It Makes Me Want To Help Someone Out Who Also's Been Homeless.

Well They Say That The 4 Biggest Things That Keeps Dogs From Finding A New Home Is: Being Large, Being Black, Being Old & Being An American Pit Bull Terrier, So I'v Almost Made Up My Mind To Adopt A Dark Colored Senior (6 Year Old Or Older) Pit, But Here's The Questions I Have...

Will A Shelter Adopt A Pit To Me Since I'm Only 20, Don't Own My Own Home (But Where I'm Renting Dogs Are Okay) & Even If They Would Adopt, Would They Adopt A Pit?

What Are Your Thoughts?
Am I Dumb For Wanting To Adopt The Least Likely To Be Adopted?
16 answers 16