Multiple Electric meters?

Hello,

I have some questions regarding electric meters,I am not going to do anything myself so please feel free to answer with free of mind,I need the answers for the theory point of it.

First of all,when the cable is coming from the transformer,it goes in what before it reaches the house ?af se,a circuit breaker

Also this fuse or CB is located where,for instance if there is a near substation can it be in it ? or is it on my house.Also can the client have access to that CB or Fuse owned by the supplier.

Second of all,in the case of multiple flats the cable comes outrom the transformer does it go then in a Main Distribution board and then from the MDB it goes in the meter of each client and then from the meter to the panel board or consumer console unit of each resident ?

Third of all, If there is a wall of width 0.6 meters and the standard box size for the electric meter is 0.3 (W)x0.3(L)x0.3(D) can we install then two meters next to each other or more space is required.Also on the same wall of width 0.6 meter,is it impossible to put 2 electric meters next to each other and two electric meters side by side below them ?

Thx!

Favorite Answer

Note that local laws may result in my answers being incorrect. You need to check your local wiring codes.

when the cable is coming from the transformer,it goes in what before it reaches the house ?

nothing, the first thing it goes to is the breaker panel, which is in the house.

Also this fuse or CB is located where,for instance if there is a near substation can it be in it ?

It is in your house

or is it on my house.

It is in your house

Also can the client have access to that CB or Fuse owned by the supplier.

It is in your house, it is owned by you

Yes. In newer installations the meters are part of the MDB.

Third of all, If there is a wall of width 0.6 meters and the standard box size for the electric meter is 0.3 (W)x0.3(L)x0.3(D) can we install then two meters next to each other or more space is required.

Don't know.

Also on the same wall of width 0.6 meter,is it impossible to put 2 electric meters next to each other and two electric meters side by side below them ?

.