Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

anyone know any post pregnancy diet to lose weight quickly and safely. please include a menu to follow. thanks?

Favorite Answer

i agree with previous poster, breastfeeding. I gained too much weight during pregnancy, but lost it all within 3 months. I walked everyday, about 30-45 minutes. I lost it all and then some

Well, most people say breastfeeding helps. So that would be the first. Second, exercise, stay active, try to exercise 3-4 times a week for a half an hour. And as far as eating, I say go with the gestational diabetes diet. May sound weird, but it's way healthy, not that you weren't eating healthy but makes you more health conscious of what you eat.

My example of this is for breakfast, don't eat so many carbohydrates, sugars, and fats. Look at the ingredients on the side of the box and make sure the sugars and fast are low.

On a regular day this'll what I eat: I eat basically 3 small meals and snacks a day

Breakfast: One whole wheat piece of toast with one scrambled egg

Mid-morning snack: Grapes with a small hand full of pistashios

Lunch: Whole wheat sandwich with celery sticks

Mid-Afternoon snack: 6 ounces of organic yogurt and a rice cake

Dinner: Chicken, Brown Rice, Asparagus

Dessert/Snack: Sugar free pudding with a half cup of strawberries.

Here's another example:

Breakfast: One plain english muffin, one half buttered, the other half

with peanut butter

Mid-morning snack: 6 ounces of organic yogurt with raw mushroom

slices

Lunch: Whole wheat sandwich with an apple

Mid-afternoon snack: Celery sticks, rice cake, strawberries

Dinner: Chicken sandwich with 3/4 cups of noodle soup and maybe

some cucumber slices

Dessert/snack: Sugar free dessert.

I hope this helped out a bit. One thing I've learned with this diet is it helps you not over eat in one sitting. Most people, like myself love to do this especially when pregnant. Even when I wasn't pregnant I love to eat a lot... So going this route has helped me tremondously.

And congrats!

Source(s): me

The fine approach goes to be to mix nutrition with correct exerise. Be cautious even though the form of endeavor that you simply do. At your age you will have to be high-quality doing frame weight sports oreven going for walks and not using a trouble. However, there are lots of circumstances in which folks were recognized to construct muscle even from a few frame weight sports. Your fine wager will probably be to take a look at the frame weight sports like, weightless squats, push ups, ab paintings, rowing or changed pull-united states of americaand chin-united states of americafor the again, and so on. however do reps of 20 or extra. if you're no longer robust enoug to dothat top of reps on a few sports and slip into the scale down rep levels, BE CAREFUL! You take the risk of muscle Hytroperphy (development), which isn't what you're watching for. Keep your exercises shorter and extra widespread. The notion is to expand your metabolism as oftentimes according to day as feasible. Running could also be fine. But once more... preserve it round 20-half-hour or so and no longer too lively. Don't wish to construct the legs up. Your nutrients goes to play a large position. The healthful approach goes to take just a little longer than the crash diets. however is is more secure and the outcome are longer lasting. keep hydrated and eatlots of uncooked vegetables (your frame will deplete extra energy digesting them) Make certain suggestion that your uncooked vegetables are supposed to be uncooked. a few have to be cooked if you'd like to get the vitamins and minerals out of them. Finally on a aspect observe, Work to toughen your middle. A robust middle will make you think exclusive to the pony as you journey. You will honestly think "Lighter" as you have got higher manage of your frame. Hope this is helping, Coach Scott

Meg's right!

I was very lucky with my first, but also very active. I only gained 18lbs, and lost most of it immediately after giving birth. I was back to my normal clothes in about a week or two. I lost a TON of weight breastfeeding, though, and went down to 100lbs (was 122lbs pre-pregnancy).

Just keep active (walking and swimming are great!) and eat healthy. If you are breastfeeding, you should not diet.

• Lefty

if you have eaten properly and continued to keep active and fit during your pregnancy you will have lost almost all of what you put on over the last few months, if you are carrying an extra few kilos, you are going to need to get into a serious healthy eating program again and get back to exercising, my wife gained 8 to 10 kilos during each of our children and was back to her original weight within a month, and at 50 still looks seriously hot

eat protein

2 and 1 2 hours bowling

Have you ever used Pregnancy Miracle strategy? Proceed in this website : http://pregnancyinfertilecure.com/ . This can surely teach people!

think ahead to how youll eat and exercise on the weekends its easy to get too relaxed on saturdays and sundays but healthy living is a 7 day a week endeavor

eat chili for a couple of days research shows that chili peppers boost your metabolic rate burning 50 more cals a day