What are the basics or guidelines to start house cleaning business?
I keep hearing so many different things from people and rates. I understand rates will vary depending on what people are charging in your area, but what mandatory things do I need to know?
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
A cleaning business-whether residential or office-is a terrific way to have a stable income. And you're smart to investigate before you try and get clients!
Here's some beginning steps:
1. Check with your city or county clerk's office to see if you need a business license or fictitious name license. These are inexpensive ($25-$50) and usually last 3 or more years. You don't really need this in the very beginning unless you plan to open a business bank account;
2. Then, call around to insurance companies and compare prices for liability insurance (sometimes called bond). This protects you if something breaks or gets damaged while you're on the job. And, yes, sometimes you didn't do it, but with this you can keep a client! AND, when you can say to potential clients, "I have liability insurance" it not only makes you professional, but adds confidence. It shouldn't cost more than around $100-$300/yr for $100K coverage (you don't need more than that for now and probably much less-but it is important);
3. Call existing cleaning companies, pretend to be a potential customer, to find out the going rates and services provided;
4. NOW, make a nice flyer and/or introductory letter about your service and start knockin' on doors, so to speak! Dress nice, maybe have a t-shirt made up with your company name and/or logo at Cafepress.com, too. Think about magnetic signs and/or a vinyl wrap for your vehicle. Think about parking your vehicle in areas where you wish to find business and in high traffic locations-street intersections, parking lots, etc;
This is a general start. There is lots of information available for you below......
- betancourtLv 44 years ago
Well for starters as a image artist I can let you know that a brand is a visible factor and no person right here can provide you a symbol seeing that it is a "Text Only Forum" the slogan of direction is another subject. However, brand layout and slogan creation don't seem to be unfastened. For probably $seventy five according to hour you perhaps capable to rent a nearby image artist, however however probably that's why you're seeking to get one without spending a dime right here. Truthfully the title "t and t cleansing answers" is approximately as lame as you'll get. Here is a freebie! Maybe whatever like "SPARKLES" We Mean Clean!!!
- Anonymous1 decade ago
You can charge anything from 100 to 10000Source(s): http://mittalji.com
- Anonymous1 decade ago
http://housecleaning.cleanuptheprofit.com tells you what you need to have to start a house cleaning business. However, you may be more interested in cleaning offices because you can make a lot more money and it's easier, http://cleanuptheprofit.com tells you how much you can make cleaning offices and how to start.