Local Police Car Color Changes?

The local police force used to drive the classic Black and White Crown Vic. They have recently moved to maroon and silver crown vics with a washed out water mark instead of blatant POLICE and 911 decals and have moved the light bar inside the vehicle. This makes me feel as though they don't want to be seen, a... show more The local police force used to drive the classic Black and White Crown Vic. They have recently moved to maroon and silver crown vics with a washed out water mark instead of blatant POLICE and 911 decals and have moved the light bar inside the vehicle. This makes me feel as though they don't want to be seen, a major plus when doing speed traps etc. But their badge says "to protect and serve." The new cars blend in with traffic better than the old ones, so isn't this counter productive? If i am being mugged and saw the classic black and white i could wave it down for help, but with the new cars, i would be sure and it definitely wouldn't pop out at me. What is your opinion on the matter?
Update: They completely got rid of the old black and whites. And I'm not trying to start an argument, i was hoping a police officer would explain further reasoning behind it. And in the area i live (moderately wealthy = more tax money) the police department chooses their cars especially when the back is marked... show more They completely got rid of the old black and whites. And I'm not trying to start an argument, i was hoping a police officer would explain further reasoning behind it. And in the area i live (moderately wealthy = more tax money) the police department chooses their cars especially when the back is marked 'police interceptor' I believe if they were gifts, 1 they wouldn't be such popular colors and 2 they would be a bunch of different colors and models.