Why did Pres. Truman drop the atomic bomb on Japan when he could have made a naval blockade?
Why did he ultimately choose to drop the atomic bomb twice when he could have set up a naval blockade and slowly beat down there will?
* A massive invasion and use of our superior navy would be a way to flex our muscles.
Was it that Truman wanted the war over swiftly before Stalin could play a major role in the defeat of Japan. Thus allowing him to prerticipate in the future plans of Japan?
- ApogeeLv 71 decade agoFavorite Answer
This article might help: http://www.eagleforum.org/column/1995/aug95/col-8-...
- L1t1g8rLv 51 decade ago
1. We wanted to test out our new bombs;
2. We considered Japanese people subhuman (Ever notice how throughout history we think of others as subhuman when it suits us: First the Native Americans, then the blacks, then the Japanese and now the Muslims)
3. We wanted to show the world how bad *** we were; and
4. The Japanese were never going to surrender. They were teaching school children to fight to the death.
- 1 decade ago
to show the world that US has power and ppl shouldn't mess with them