Kalani asked in PetsBirds · 1 decade ago

Can You eat Button quail Eggs?

I know that sounds weird...but i am thinking of getting some. I was wondering if you can eat their eggs..

• Yogi T
    Favorite Answer

You sure can . When my kids were small they would bring in the Quail eggs and I would fry them sunny side up.They fried out a little larger than a quarter.. We had Japanese quail eggs which I know they ate . They are prolific egg layers. We also had button quail eggs but I cant remember if we ate them. As long as the eggs are fresh you can eat them just as you could a fresh egg of chicken,ducks, geese and even an ostrich if you like..

We used to eat the Chinese quail eggs. So Yes you can as long as they're not fertile.

yes you can even if they are fertile, just check the coop,cage or whatever you have them in every day. and take the eggs out and put them strait in to the refrigerator. just as you would if they were chickens!!