Does Anyone NOT like the 'Twilight' Books?

i did not enjoy the 'twilight' book by stephine meyer? i got trough 1/4 of the frist one and i DID NOT like it! i dont now a single person who goes to my school who doesnt like it and practily the entire school/world has read them!!

Favorite Answer

You aren't alone. Several of us here don't like them or think they are overrated-- Aki, Fur Elise, Tourterelle, Arabesque (although she's a lot nicer about it, lol), Kelsey, Life, Medusa, Lynns Savior, and Dandelion Puffs are the ones that immediately come to mind.

I think they're awful. Boring characters, boring plot that doesn't come into play until the very end of the novel, a complete lack of literary value, absurd romance lines, and (in my opinion) some pretty bad messages.

Source(s): Narnia-- Wow, that wasn't judgmental at all.

to tell you the truth,

many of my friends love the series (including myself), but i find it wrong for a middle aged married woman to love the cullen vampire more than her own spouse

even though the characters are meant to be 17, these books are truly geared torwards 14 year olds who fantasize about love that they dont know about

she also has so many fans that havent read many romance classics to know that it is not the best piece of literature ever made, but that doesnt mean stephenie meyer is a terrible writer

she must have done something right, to win over millions of women all over the world, making some so obssesed with the idea of edward cullen being real, that even a little girl asked the actor robert pattison himself to bite her after asking for his autograph, not understanding that the real character DOES NOT EXIST

the idea behind twilight that stephenie meyer tries to convey is that "maybe there is an edward cullen out there for all of us"

*but then again reading the first part of her series is a bit slow, and the books get better as they go, so give it a chance

tell me if you liked the book AFTER you read THE WHOLE THING

I really detest those books I mean the storyline is boring the whole thing is not put together well and I have heard the Bella gets pregnant so what kind of example is that to teens? The book has no character development and so many people love that book be cause they have not read real literature. I don't mind that people like this book but I really hate it when they are mean to other people because they don't like the book. I feel that this book has no educational value and no moral.

• Oat

I couldn't get past Bella to enjoy the books. She is so whiny, self absorbed and annoying. I just didn't get the appeal of her. Her viewpoint made reading the series painful to me. What I've read of Midnight Sun is considerably better without Belle's whiney narration.

Oh, and I don't enjoy how Meyer uses far too many words to get a point a cross. Urg! Drives me nuts.

I feel that Meyer hasn't created anything new that really explains this obsession people have with the Twilight books -- besides hormonal teenagers loving a romance. Its just a rehashing of the same old vampire/werewolf material with just okay writing.

I don't like it either.

I thought the character of Bella was one of the most boring, uncompelling charcters I've ever read.

It took a very long time to get to the point with little reward in between.

As a writer, I feel guilty for saying this to another writer but I also thought the writing was...not good. But hey, it's her first book she's allowed some mistakes.

I loved it while I was reading it. I read them all--from Twilight to Breaking Dawn. But since then, when I would reflect back, I realized that they were horrible. Absolutely awful. And I've been burnt out with all the talk about them and the movie. I'm just tired of hearing about them. I once was in love with them and now I'm over it. Goodbye, Bella, and Hello, Schuyler.

I really, really dislike them.

They'd be fairly average-to-poor teen fiction if it weren't for the really ridiculous, unhealthy messages that Stephanie didn't even seem to realise she was putting in. I know girls who want their very own Edward...and they don't realise that a real life Edward would be a very, very unpleasant person. Controlling, manipulative, obsessive...none of these are attractive qualities, girls.

And Bella's hardly any better. Spineless (almost literally as well, going by Breaking Dawn, lol), whiny, shallow, and most of all, STUPID.

I really don't want to offend anyone who doesn't like it and I really don't want to stick up for anyone who likes it either, but I think TOO many people are trying to prove a point about not liking it. I liked the book(don't hold that against me) but I was NOT obsessing over it. I also can't say I hated the book either. First of all, I don't think anyone should feel obligated to read the book considering that there are a lot of better books out there but if you want to read it for experience, then be my guest. It's very...entertaining. In my opinion, if you let yourself enjoy the book rather than being caught up in who likes it or not, than maybe you will like it. If you take the book from an analytical point of view, it's not that great. It could be stronger, but if you let yourself be Bella and enjoy the book, than you will do just that.

Narnia...I like the books too, but seriously. I know someone who can't stand any mention of Harry Potter, and she was one of my closest friends. I love Harry Potter. Just because someone doesn't like something you do doesn't mean they're a horrible person....thumbs down ):

And, yeah, there are a LOT of people - especially here online - that loath the books, and some even more so the fandom. It's kind of depressing how people have to argue about it, but there you go.

I think there might even be a few websites and forums for the Twi-haters XD

Source(s): I like the first part of the Twilight book because they don't get along x)