?
? asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Who feels like I do about President - Elect Barack Obama?

I feel Barack Obama will be an excellent President. Not only is he the Man for the Job, in this most uncertainty of times, but he is the one that can get this country back on track.

I feel he can and will work across party lines. I feel his working out, is helping him such much in dealing with the stress of being in such a position as the President -Elect soon to be President, he is under and yet is able to handle it so very well. That is a big plus.

I salute President - Elect Barack Obama and I wish him well. Your Thoughts, please.

Favorite Answer

I agree with you. I don't think it's very open minded for those who are trashing him about things like the stock market and the economy. He's the president elect and hasn't served one day as president. I will give him credit for getting down to business. I think many are going to have to eat their words. Obama is going to make some changes that the US desperately needs.

My thoughts?

"I feel Barack Obama will be an excellent President."

Well, if we learned anything from this election, it's that feelings matter more than facts.

"Not only is he the Man for the Job"

Based on what?

"he is the one that can get this country back on track."

What track would that be?

"I feel he can and will work across party lines."

Really. And you think Rahm Emannuel is going to help him do that? Here's something to understand, the President either signs bills or he doesn't. It's really hard to imagine how he will do either in any kind of bi-partisan way, unless you're back to feelings mattering more than facts. The "bi-partisanship" needs to take place in Congress. If it doesn't, the President is powerless to make it so.

"I feel his working out, is helping him such much in dealing with the stress of being in such a position as the President -Elect soon to be President, he is under and yet is able to handle it so very well."

Of course, it's also possible that he simply doesn't grasp what he's getting into. The substance (or lack thereof) in his speeches seem to suggest this more than they do any amount of exercise.

I wish him well, too, but I deal in facts. We'll see what they are in a few months. Well, I'll see what they are. You'll probably still be focused on how you feel about it all.

I hope he does a good job-cause we need things to get better.

But I'm curious to know where everyone's faith is coming from-will work across party lines? He has consistently voted with his party and against republicans as senator-why do we think this will be different as president? He also only has four years as senator-so he has very little experience.

Perhaps you haven't been paying attention to how many companies have decided to downsize or close up completely since election day. Most of these companies admit that it's because Obama was elected-they're not interested in his "spreading the wealth" plan-they're taking their wealth elsewhere. I agree that big companies that rake in tons of cash should pay more taxes-but this must be done cautiously since they will just downsize so Obama's plan won't effect them or they will leave the country-either way-we lose jobs.

one ingredient that makes me smile approximately human beings,. is the way they Idolise human beings,turning them into God like symbols and hero's that are going to maintain you all. i could have been chuffed with who ever replace into president as long as that they had solid intentions in contrast to bush. that's great that the US have a nil.5 black president, optimistically that's going to provide up the african-american inhabitants speaking on the subject of the previous lots and get them to look to the destiny and be beneficial and much less transfixed on their race as they have been, perchance the days of the 'black rapper thug' is over and instead those human beings will replace into in charge adults who want to do solid somewhat than undesirable and stick to different black merely time will tell no count number if Obama would be a solid president. i wish Obama somewhat does create 'replace' he sounds like a solid guy.

There is clarity of thought vision and thought about Obama. Cerebral and deliberate in his decision making process. No knee jerk reaction to issues. More practical and pragmatic than ideological. He will work to bridge the vast divide of political partisanship in Washington and make decisions that enhanced our standing in the world and solve our economic issues at home. He is right man for the job at the right time!

I hate to say it, but basing all your decisions on feelings will get you in trouble. Look at the facts.

There is nothing out there to support your feelings.

I do wish him the best, and will not get Obama derangement syndrome.

Please do some reading. Not just stuff to support your views, look at the facts.

If you were in charge of hiring someone to be the CEO of your multi trillion dollar company, would you take the guy that has been with you 2 years and has nothing to show on his resume that would qualify him?

Hmm... while I didn't vote for the man... I hope that he does well.. Still am not sure that he is the right man for the job, but it's too late for that now...

I still highly doubt he will work across party lines as he has NEVER done so before (and all you have to do is look at his (co-)sponsored bills and his voting record for proof of that AND who he has chosen for his staff/administration also isn't helping his case)... but we shall see how he deals with Iran throwing test missles near Iraq (as has already happened this past week) and how he deals with Cuba in talks with Russia (which is also happening as we speak)...

We shall see how he does.... I hope he does well, but I am still weary of him at this point... he has a LOT to prove to me (and the rest of us) right now...

I'm going to give him a chance.

I refuse to say anything disparaging or negative about the new President. And, I encourage those who are negative to do the same. I encourage them instead to stay silent. Then we will take a certain amount of glee in listening to his supporters turn on him when he disappoints them. On the other hand, if we badmouth him, his synchophants will be reluctant to criticize him in front of us later on. And we don't want to miss all those tasty moments.

My thoughts are this, I have saved your entire post, and in a year or so, when all hell has broken lose, I intend to repost it to show just how silly it actually was. By that time you most likely will be unemployed it you even have a job, so you will not see it. But I can relish in the knowledge of know that you, were so wrong. And form that, I will take great pleasure.

President Elect Obama

Has a beautiful name to it and i will proudly support my president

Source(s): You Get starred
  • y n

he lied his way into the presidency. i expect nothing but passing the buck as he squanders our taxes on his own. my only hope is that we have enough Americans in congress to hold back the flood.