Do atheists understand who they're up against here? Chrisitians here don't even understand Christianity. Wha?

As a highly educated ex-Christian, I have noticed that they don't even understand their own religion. They think that personal sins send them to hell, and living a sinless life sends them to heaven. That's totally false. According to the entire bible Jesus died on the cross for every sin you will ever commit, past... show more As a highly educated ex-Christian, I have noticed that they don't even understand their own religion. They think that personal sins send them to hell, and living a sinless life sends them to heaven. That's totally false. According to the entire bible Jesus died on the cross for every sin you will ever commit, past present and future EXCEPT the sin of Rejection of Christ, called blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. So once you accept Jesus, you're going to heaven no matter what. You can be gay (sexual sins are not the worst in the bible, jealousy is), you can kill people in cold blood, commit suicide, eat babies for breakfast, or cycle through the 600 sins the bible mentions on a daily basis and you will still go to heaven when you die.

This is just one reason Christianity is BS; it does little to encourage living a resposible life. The only punishment is loss of rewards once you're in heaven.

Why are we arguing with people who don't even know what the bible they are preaching teaches??? It futile. They don't have a clue what they are standing up for.
Update: Chris- it sounds like you are one of the few who gets it.
Update 2: Meghan- You're in the clueless majority. Sins that lead to death, as Chris mentioned, are those which cause God to take you "home" early, not lose salvation, also you don't understand the different uses of the word "saved" in the English translations. Thanks for proving my point!
Update 3: C.L., head and heart are the same thing. Their use is interchangeable. It just depends on which group of guys was doing the translating on that particular chapter. They both mean "mind".
Update 4: Michael M- It DOES work that way. That's where you don't get it.
Update 5: Kryten- I agree that we should not give up. It's the young minds that can understand the truth, but are also easily led astray.
Update 6: Scott M- ALL Christians sin, daily, many times. He who says he does not sin is a liar, therefore 1Jn 3:8-10 can't mean loss of salvation for those, or heaven would be empty. Also, inheriting the kingdom of heaven is not synonomous with salvation. Just because you go there does not mean you inherit the kingdom.... show more Scott M- ALL Christians sin, daily, many times. He who says he does not sin is a liar, therefore 1Jn 3:8-10 can't mean loss of salvation for those, or heaven would be empty. Also, inheriting the kingdom of heaven is not synonomous with salvation. Just because you go there does not mean you inherit the kingdom. The bible says there will be many peeons in heaven.
17 answers 17