Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

What do you think of the girl that won the right to ?

What are your opinions on the terminally ill girl that won the right to die?

Your thoughts?

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=663827

Thanks!

(",)

• Favorite Answer

my son has leukemia, although his is not a rare form. the article made me cry. i just can't understand why her parents would let her choose to die. if my son wanted to give up, i would not let him. if there is even the slightest chance of this girl surviving, i would make her do whatever it takes. even though she's bee through a lot and doesn't feel like fighting anymore, maybe God does. maybe her strength is being tested and a miracle awaits. i'm so angry and upset about this. i feel for her pain. i know living with cancer is hard. our family is going through it. but why, why, why would she just give up like that??? she's just a little girl. how could a 13 year old possibly know what's best for her? How can the parents just sit and watch someone so precious to them leave this life by giving up? i do believe in letting older terminally ill patients choose for themselves, but not a 13 year old.

• indef

In Hannah's case I think an exception can definitely be made. My first impression of your question (before i read the article) was about someone who just wanted the right to die because they were suicidal. I don't think this how it works with Hannah because her life, since she was 5 years old has been harder then most of us can imagine. I don't know what battling leukemia is like but i could only guess that it's pure hell. She's probably suffered more from this illness then anyone her age deserves to. Additionally, her new heart transplant isn't guaranteed to cure the illness, it could just come back as the article points out.

I don't believe its right for people to go through life suffering to that degree, and I don't believe it's humane to deny someone the right of dying. This reminds me a lot of the song "one" by metallica. if you don't know what its about, in short, it's about having the right to die. the song is about a guy who stepped on a land mine and lost all his limbs and could do nothing except think to himself all day. that sounds like pure torture if you ask me. why anyone would feel that its right to deny someone in such a restrained condition is beyond me. now in many other less extreme cases i might say that death is not the answer. if the person can be helped and treated or at best cured, then a life is worth saving by all means. but it's different when someone is suffering extensively, and I believe it comes right down to personal choice of whether they want to go on or continue to fight.

Hmmmm Well Its Sad , Seriously Like Some One That Young To Die .

But I Always Say People Have The Right To End Their Lifes , Like I Know Some People ( Maybe Alot ) Dont Agree , But Its Freedom ,It Should Be Running On Everything ...

So She Wanted To End Her Life Thats Tottally Exepted And Respected ...

R.I,P

• Well she has EVERY right to not take the surgery, however I think its an awful idea. Her mother, a nurse, said she'll need another transplant in 5 years, 5 years is a long time especially if its added to your life.

Well this is a slippery slope here. We really don't want to do this as a society. Then they state and individuals begin to think that they are God. Which of course they aren't.

• SeaEff

Sounds like she has decided enough is enough and wants to spend whatever time she has left happily at home with her family.

I doubt it was a decision she has taken lightly.

Brave girl.

Sorry, but I couldn't open the page. But by sounds of the article, I think its so sad. I think I would want to live every day with my loved ones. Sad just thinking about it.

• Tony

I have always believed you should be able to do what ever you wish to do with your body. If you are in such unbearable pain and know you will die soon, why shouldn't you?

Why to keep on suffering when there is not cure for her sickness

not working