Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsBiology · 1 decade ago

Approximately how much litres of human semen is ejaculated in total in an average day in the world?

serious replies only please

Update:

to settle a bet with a pal

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

loads if you come to my bedroom ;)

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

No one knows. Good question though. The problem is in defining "average". The amount of semen a man produces depends largely on how often it is released. While there is generally a small amount made daily that is reabsorbed into the body when not used, those that masturbate daily or even multiple time daily will produce more total volume semen than men that only masturbate occasionally. While sperm production is more of a constant, even then the body has to make room for the new sperm and will either flush it out through a wet dream, or reabsorb the sperm if a man rarely orgasms. There is a large difference in ejaculate by age, region, social income, even factors like sexual preference would need to be included in a study such as this. But the most important factor in ejaculate volume is diet. Men that keep hydrated by drinking plenty of water and stick to a healthy diet of mostly fruit and vegetables produce more ejaculate that than the "average" american man who eats the regular american diet which overtime just clogs everything up. Then we have the supplement like "ropes" that greatly increase ejaculate volume, thereby greatly increases orgasm. Generally speaking, boys in puberty will produce more ejaculate than the middle aged man, in shape men will produce more than couch potatoes, vegetarians will produce more than those who don't pay attention to what they eat, water drinkers will produce more than soda drinkers etc. But in general you can estimate that the regular ejaculate is about a tablespoon worth times the amount of ejaculates for a given group and you can get a ballpark. But defining average leaves the door wide open. It's safe to say it would be a couple gallons or more though.

• 1 decade ago

approximately 10,542,387 litres

6,859,000,000 total population (Nov 2008)

Women live longer than men so men only occupy 49% of the population, which means...

3,361,000,000 males in the world

20.45% of those males are younger than 14...

2,674,000,000 males in the world are at least 14 yrs old.

If we assume that each of them is ejaculating an average of 0.8 times per day (Age 17-28 average more than once per day whereas older men ejaculate less, not to mention 5% of men say they don't masturbate), then each male is ejaculating about an average of .003943 litres per day, which means...

10,542,387 litres of human semen are ejaculated per day.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

This is a 'Fermi' Q..rite?

WP=6B

MWP=3B approx

M> puberty <senescence=40% (estd)

Ave rate of sexual activity 4 active male (with/without partner)=2.5/day

Ave semen in ejaculate=10cm^3 (remember the band of that name!)

So total litres ejac=30M litres

Did I come close?..jst thort I'd inject a wee bit o' jocularity in2 an otherwise sterile subject there!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Interesting Q, you probably couldn't drown a human in it. You and your mate have very dubious conversations dear boy. What next? Better than this one hopefully.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

1000s

I know that the rock group 10cc named them self that coz that's the average amount in an ejaculation

• 1 decade ago

To do a halfway conductive survey--we're going to need to line every up and have them shoot it into a big trough--

I'm gonna hazard a guess at maybe a hot tub full--enticing sounding, huh?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well in my area it depends on how us ladies at the Women's Institute are feeling; if you get my drift!!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Jesus Emma! LOL

• 1 decade ago

10,000,000. ltrs.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.