Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

truth about Obama on guns?

He has said he will pass a fed reg overriding ALL states concealed carry permits outlawing them.(more big government)

He proposes a 500% tax on ammunition thereby leaving the second in the constitution but screwing the people.

Typical lying polotician.

As a life long hunter and gun owner who has never commited any gun crime ever I say he should show up in person to collect the guns and see what happens.

Do your own research.

Report away dumba**

Best Answer

~~Obama's position on guns~~

Links are available supporting the facts listed below including legislation, voting records, speeches etc. at this web site:

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=399...

FACT: Barack Obama wants to re-impose the failed and discredited Clinton Gun Ban.

FACT: Barack Obama voted to ban almost all rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sport shooting.

FACT: Barack Obama has endorsed a complete ban on handgun ownership.

FACT: Barack Obama supports local gun bans in Chicago, Washington, D.C., and other cities.

FACT: Barack Obama voted to uphold local gun bans and the criminal prosecution of people who use firearms in self-defense.

FACT: Barack Obama supports gun owner licensing and gun registration.

FACT: Barack Obama refused to sign a friend-of-the-court Brief in support of individual Second Amendment rights in the Heller case.

FACT: Barack Obama opposes Right to Carry laws.

FACT: Barack Obama was a member of the Board of Directors of the Joyce Foundation, the leading source of funds for anti-gun organizations and “research.”

FACT: Barack Obama supported a proposal to ban gun stores within 5 miles of a school or park, which would eliminate almost every gun store in America.

FACT: Barack Obama voted not to notify gun owners when the state of Illinois did records searches on them.

FACT: Barack Obama voted against a measure to lower the Firearms Owners Identification card age minimum from 21 to 18, a measure designed to assist young people in the military.

FACT: Barack Obama favors a ban on standard capacity magazines.

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory micro-stamping.

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory waiting periods.

FACT: Barack Obama supports repeal of the Tiahrt Amendment, which prohibits information on gun traces collected by the BATFE from being used in reckless lawsuits against firearm dealers and manufacturers.

FACT: Barack Obama supports one-gun-a-month sales restrictions.

FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on inexpensive handguns.

FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on the resale of police issued firearms, even if the money is going to police departments for replacement equipment.

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory firearm training requirements for all gun owners and a ban on gun ownership for persons under the age of 21.

I have no problem with the control of fully automatic weapons. You don't go hunting Bambi/Bullwinkle with an AK47. My major concern is the identification of where and who owns the guns that are used for hunting, self defense, home defense, etc. I believe this would be yet another intrusion into my civil rights as guaranteed by the Constitution. The real problem will come if they try implementing forced registration. They can KMA before I'll fill out so much as 1 piece of paper. My neighbors and business partners have discussed this extensively. No one will get any cooperation in my area. I doubt Law Enforcement in this county will make an effort to enforce this crap anyway. I think I can safely say that the same will be true in many parts of the Country.

Well if Obama overrides the states concealed carry permits that is going to put many city's in a bind. They will then have to refund all those people their money for the permits,my husband for one.

Looks like were going to be seeing Obama's true face soon once he is in the white house. And we think things are bad now.

A refusal to accept the concept and reality that people kill people, not guns, the liberals who justify in their own minds, no guns, nobody gets shot is pure fantasy for several reasons, none being more evident than the fact there will always be guns in America, criminals will have them come hell or high water! When law-abiding citizens are denied them, they will become just victims with no recourse or ability to defend themselves which is a U.S. Constitution given right, slowly being eroded through trickery, scheme's and hidden ploy's by the anti-gun politicians who seek to make all weapons outlawed. While politicians hide behind concrete barriers, security forces and are well -protected, they have plans to leave the law-abiding general population at the mercy of those who prey upon society, by disarming them, serving them up to those who practice barbaric behavior within society and indiscriminately murder at will when they feel the urge! This is the recipe for disaster, anti-gun "NUTS" want forced on all Americans! The U.S. Congress has already taken away American "Freedoms", now they want our means of defense! The criminals are hoping this foolishness succeeds, it will make it easier for them to commit criminal acts knowing the law-abiding citizens have been completely disarmed and incapable of defending themselves or their families.God help us all!

democrats will never take your guns away like republicans will never take abortion rights away, the biggest gun ban was the brady bill when that freak tried to kill regan the next ban was targeted at gang violence using assault rifles.

i think you must have dems confused with the extreme left or some third party.

u sound fake with your 500 percent tax, no u r fake Get Out Of Our Way, we love guns, i kill things often just not people and the nra should support us cause we support their views.

we tried to help u guys but

chigaco has had a huge number of gun violence form guns coming from other states,

you guys need to lead follow or get out of the way

I did my own research:

Q: When you were in the state senate, you talked about licensing and registering gun owners. Would you do that as president?

A: I don't think that we can get that done. But what we can do is to provide just some common-sense enforcement. The efforts by law enforcement to obtain the information required to trace back guns that have been used in crimes to unscrupulous gun dealers. As president, I intend to make it happen. We essentially have two realities, when it comes to guns, in this country. You've got the tradition of lawful gun ownership. It is very important for many Americans to be able to hunt, fish, take their kids out, teach them how to shoot. Then you've got the reality of 34 Chicago public school students who get shot down on the streets of Chicago. We can reconcile those two realities by making sure the Second Amendment is respected and that people are able to lawfully own guns, but that we also start cracking down on the kinds of abuses of firearms that we see on the streets.

Source: 2008 Democratic debate in Las Vegas Jan 15, 2008

Source(s): Gun-owning liberal
  • neil s

His willingness to extend Bush's "Faith Based Initiative" nonsense is also troublesome, but he's still better than McCain.

I did my research. On Halloween a little kid got blown away with an AK47 through the door of the house where he was trick or treating.

What in the hell does anyone need an AK47 for? Please explain that.

I just have to buy ammo in mexico and have shipped to me!

dude listen to your solution , it is the solution if that stuff happens, and dont forget hed be steppin on the court which just gave you the RIGHT not law, not idealistc position , the RIGHT to have a gun.