Why I didn't died at my suicide ?

When I was about 10 years old, I was passing through a hard time (not really but I was a dramatic 10 years old) my dad used to be very angry and aggressive, he used to beat me when we we studying if I answer incorrectly. My mom for the first time was out of the house and I barely saw her, I didn't have much friend... show more When I was about 10 years old, I was passing through a hard time (not really but I was a dramatic 10 years old) my dad used to be very angry and aggressive, he used to beat me when we we studying if I answer incorrectly. My mom for the first time was out of the house and I barely saw her, I didn't have much friend and I was sad all the time. So I decided to kill myself, I took about 100 pills and drank them, I went to sleep so I'll never wake up. The things is that I did waked up and nothing happened, not even pain or anything.... nothing. I still ask myself why I didn't died... i don't remember the name of the pills but they were those double colored pink/blue pills....

The question remands. why I dint died ?
Update: 100 or so, I count them, they came in packets of 10. I drank 10 of them.