Ray asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 1 decade ago

Holistic Therapies for Hand Tremors?

Does anyone know of any natural remedies for controlling hand tremors such as any special types of tea, vitamins, etc?

I told my doctor about them and he told me it might be from nervousness and anxiety which is partially true but sometimes when I'm alone I test myself by trying to hold a pencil still and I notice I still slightly shake. This isn't good for me considering I'm only 24yr old and plan to study medical technology which I will need fine motor control of my hands.

And no I don't drink caffeinated beverages.

Thanks!

• Minx
    Favorite Answer

It is possible that you aren't getting enough Magnesium on a daily basis ...... eat more foods rich in magnesium mate ...... magnesium is essential for healthy nerve and muscle functioning and works in tandem with calcium for heart, bone and teeth health ....... eating more foods rich in magnesium will help to resolve any issues you may have with nervous tension, constipation, acid tummy, headaches and migraines and muscle twitching such as facial tics........ foods rich in magnesium are leafy and green vegies, wholegrain breads and cereals like brown rice, fresh salmon, sardines and tuna, organic nuts and seeds like almonds, brazil nuts and sunflower seeds...... organic with the nuts and seeds to avoid the nasty sulfites and other chemicals they use to "preserve" the commercial varieties ........ things that will rob you of your magnesium supplies are alcohol, diuretics, antacids ........ take a B complex supplement also to help you deal with the everyday stress we are all exposed to at some level ..... get one including all the B's ie ~ B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12 and folic acid etc... as they work best together ....... the B group of vitamins is essential for healthy neural, immune and digestive functioning and are water soluble so need to be taken on a daily basis ......;0)

take care of you

peace baby

Sadly, it seems most people here have a very negative image of a holistic therapist. Very sad! Honey, let me tell you that if you're good at it you will be able to make a living off it. You won't become a millionaire anytime soon but if you're sincere, talented and have a bit of luck (always need a dose of luck) you can make a living. I've done so for a number of years. It's not the same by far than having any other job but overall I believe it is much much more gratifying. You learn a lot. You never stop learning and you meet some very interesting and enriching people along the way. And remember, if you really want, there will always be a way.

If it is caused by a neurological condition (Cerebral Palsy [like me] or Parkinsons) then there is no way to control it. Stretching and using the muscles from time to time helps, but aside from a doctor prescribe muscle relaxant/nerve blocker, there is no way to control it.

You might consult a massage therapist...I know that applying pressure to certain points on the body work with tremors...

Source(s): "Fanny O'Rear"