Should I move to Canada? I heard Rahm Immanuel....?

My friend just told me that Rahm Immanuel the new Chief of Staff has plans to draft all 18 to 25 year olds into 3 months of training on how to react in case of nuclear attack, how to help in evacuations and how to protect their country.

Is this true and what do you think will happen?

Should I be worried, because I am.

they're saying it's NOT a draft and that it's just a 3 month training in country service.

He may not have power, but he is the guy who the president chose first to advise him.

Favorite Answer

Not Rumor

Hey 18-25 year olds - does it worry you that Rahm Emanuel supports the idea of "mandatory government service"?

Rep. Rahm Emanuel of Illinois, President-Elect Barack Obama's choice for chief of staff in his incoming administration, is co-author of a book, The Plan: Big Ideas for America, that calls for, among other things, compulsory service for all Americans ages 18 to 25. The following excerpt is from pages 61-62 of the 2006 book:

"It's time for a real Patriot Act that brings out the patriot in all of us. We propose universal civilian service for every young American. Under this plan, All Americans between the ages of eighteen and twenty-five will be asked to serve their country by going through three months of basic training, civil defense preparation and community service. ... "

The Obama Administration will call on Americans to serve in order to meet the nation’s challenges. President-Elect Obama will expand national service programs like

AmeriCorps and Peace Corps

Classroom Corps to help teachers in underserved schools

Health Corps, NEW

Clean Energy Corps

Veterans Corps.

Obama will call on citizens of all ages to serve America, by setting a goal that all middle school and high school students do 50 hours of community service a year

and by developing a plan so that all college students who conduct 100 hours of community service receive a universal and fully refundable tax credit ensuring that the first $4,000 of their college education is completely free.

(TAX CREDIT not CASH...if you don't work and make over $4,000 so that you can deduct the $4,000 on your tax return, it will mean nothing. For example, if you make $5,000 minus $4.000, you'll be taxed on the $1,000. Didn't say how the government will afford it. But they are banking on students not making that much. My opinion in parentheses.)

Obama will encourage retiring Americans to serve by improving programs available for individuals over age 55, while at the same time promoting youth programs such as

Youth Build and

Head Start

Civilian National Security Force

These quotes from Obama: "We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."

Additionally, Homeland Security should be privatized and taken out of the hands of Congress because Congress can't handle it!

Enjoy the Change! Lots on Civilian National Security Force on You Tube.

Yes, Obama has been saying all along that he wants to have "national Service" - so why is this such a surprise to anyone?

Personally, I think community service should come from the heart, be altruistic, not forced upon someone, or convinced with promises of money.

Also, isn't this how dictatorships start? Forming a private army of his own?

• janie

Though I voted for Obama, I believe noone gets in power who TPTB who are really in charge allows too. He like all presidents but two since the 60s were members of the CFR which some tie with Illuminati type goals.

when he put the info on his new website about service and I did some research, I also started to fear. I remembered Dennis Kucinich who I deeply trust as honest (congressman. presidential candidate) telling us in 04 as he traveled the country unaccompanied by reporters that they were going to enact a draft and he mentioned the selective service had reopened the website then removed it when word started getting out and fear of a draft. Apparently, they thought Bush was too hated to do it and that Obama was more the man for the job in his temperamental approach and more trustworthy demeanor.

To e it is telling that Biden mentioned Obama would be tested within 6 months AND that Americans would be called on to make tough choices..why would he say that before knowing how he would be tested specifically. I believe he was talking about compulsory service.

All and not just young citizens are "called on" to serve including senior citizens. he currently wants women to be required to file for selective service and feels they should be allowed to fight in combat,

who can say when they have all our info ready that one so called terrorist attacks will not turn voluntary into mandatory and once in basic training we all will need to go to, will we to be exempted from laws like the military is owned and forced to take vaccines..could they not inject us all with the verichip for the time forced service comes or worst in case people try to live off the grid or run...

also their is a bill in congress that can be reinstated requiring service (draft) of all men and women 18-42 IMO is too old.

Requiring seniors who deserve to spend their last years in peace forced to give time to the us is wrong I feel. Volunteering is wonderful and to be encouraged is wonderful.,.mandatory servitude is another thing entirely.

Given our easily rigged electronic machines, thy sometimes select dems and somethings reps for president making us continue to think we chose and making billions on our elections to buy off their corporate media who get rich off our fictitious elections. Know this, if McCain got in their agenda would also be done..there just felt Obama with his gift of compelling oratory skill was better suited.

Be afraid..we are in terrible times and the areas of war are rift with deadly depleted uranium that our government has no problem dropping on its on people..I think we may well be in the end times and bad days are coming..better pray

I think Rahm was more chosen cause he has the ability to get votes in the congress when a bill needs to be passed but I also, as a leftist, fear a draft and believe we have a one party system with two wings and both are corrupt and do the bidding of the powers that be despite having some differences

He believes in mandatory service, like Israel's citizens are required. As for a draft I hope not. I'm in college and if I have to go to some phukin war i'm gonna be pissed. I wish he would get off my nuts.

Source(s): I voted for McCain.
  • S P

It's quite true.

Yeah, the Chief of Staff has no power, just like how Karl Rove had no influence on Bush. Right?

http://www.examiner.com/x-536-Civil-Liberties-Exam...

I think that Barrack Obama should show Rahm the door, if Rahm has any such idea.

Rahm other beloved country Israel has that policy, so I can see Rahm trying this for U.S.

Source(s): myself

Your friend is probably right because Obama wants to form "Domestic Troops". But if he only wants to train the young gen for 3 months, why would you be scared of that? What you don't want to help or work. I though all young people are into the liberal ways and into volunteering their extreme free time to their community.

But the Domestic Troops are actually a domestic army to keep civilian population in line.

This is only the start. He's going to move people in and develop a large security force around him with all these people acting faithfully towards him until he has his own little dictatorship.

I doubt it because the Democratic party platform has been to END the wars and thus a draft would not be warranted. Also, Prez elect stated he would NOT support a draft.

Not that I would trust any politician, but I'm only telling ya what they have been saying.

Selective Service is already in place. But any activation of it would have to be approved by Congress, which I seriously doubt. The Chief of Staff executes White House policy and protects the president. He is not a policy maker. He runs the White House staff, making sure they do their jobs.