What is the Christian population of tHe usa ?

America used to be predominantly Christian before World War 2", today," .. emergence of new religious groups has changed all that. Does that account for the undisciplined behavior of the present generation's youth.? They are very materialistic now, and needless to say very rude.Where are we headed for fellow Americans????

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes it has a direct correlation with the decline of our youth and nation as a whole. but never give up.`

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

"America used to be predominantly Christian before World War 2."

The vast majority of native people in America used to have religions entirely surrounding nature or other related spiritualisms before European settlement. Christianity was not the first religion in America, and modern America was not founded as a Christian nation like so many like to falsely claim. So do not complain that it doesn't always hold the majority.

The population of Christians is around 75%.

• 1 decade ago

as of some of the most recent polls Americans claim to be Christian about 80% of the time.... 5% claim to believe in God but claim no specifc religion or a religion other than Christianity.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

3/4

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Are we counting Catholics, Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, and Fred Phelps on this one?

• 1 decade ago

80%, so that makes 240 million

Source(s): which explains why America is so F-ed up
  • Chelz
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

No, it has to do with crap teenage parents who cannot parent proper kids. If they had been taught how to use a condom instead of being told save it for marriage (which has been proven to have no effect whatsoever on a kid's decision to have sex) then they might have had a few extra years to grow up before they got knocked up.

• 1 decade ago

Well, I would say about 80% claim to be Christians. As for your theories about the present youth, I would say you are wrong.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

every generation thinks that the new one is worst than the last. this has to do with human jadedness, not religion.

i've worked with kids recently and their not "running wild." their parents are just as overbearing as yours and mine were, so put the belt away.

• 1 decade ago

I blame the parents.

My mom taught me how to behave.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.