Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

how long should a girl wait to have sex with someone?

've been talking to a guy for a little over two weeks, how long does it seem appropriate to wait to have sex?

I'm not a slut and I have a lot of self respect, but this one seems different, but I don't want to blow it so I'm willing to wait.

after reading previous answers to this question I feel that I should be more specific with my question.

I'm twenty years old and a sophomore in college, and I have slept with three other people.

Its not that I am a virgin, I am just interested in what other people opinions are of the matter because I really care about this guy, but like I said before, I don't want to blow it with him.

And also, we live two hours apart, I am in college and he lives where I am originally from, so we don't see each other often. My roommate and I seem to think that two months is acceptable, but I don't think anyone of my age would stay with me if I wasn't having sex with them after three.

• Favorite Answer

Is he giving any clues that he wants it?

Two months seems cool. Again, birth control and condoms my dear.

Well it depends, I've only had two relationships where I have had sex and both of them I waited a couple months and I was in love.(well at least I thought I was in love for the first one) Other relationships I just never felt comfortable enough to let it progress into sex. Seriously I had a boyfriend at one point that we dated for 2 years and he didnt get any, kinda feel sorry for the fella lol

its not about time, its about whether the both of you are ready. and if you two really cared about each other, and esp since you are in college, sex after marriage is the best thing a couple can do

I didn't t feel like reading this whole thing but she should wait about 3 months or so or do it right away depends on her personality and stuff

• Herb

Two months is way too soon. You should wait until you get to know him much better.

if you see a futre with him

tell him that you do and your willing to wait for it

when the times right then do it

if you really trully feel like this si going somewere then go for it and dont give up :)

You will know when it is time. I say at this point since you are questioning when, the time is not right at the moment.

Be patient - if it is meant to be it will happen.

A girl needs to wait until she is married to someone to do that. It's scriptural.

WELL HONESTLY IF HE WOULDNT BE WILLING TO WAIT 3 MONTHS FOR YOU THAN HE'S JUST NOT WORTH GIVING IT UP TO SIMPLE AS THAT.

wait until your ready.