what is the difference between indirect energy use and direct energy use?

plz help me its from social studys

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Max
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Example

Direct energy - gas in a car.

Indirect energy - three extra passengers in the car reduces the gas mileage.

Direct energy is sunlight, electricity, wind, fuels and anything that is the primary form of energy.

Indirect energy is a by-product of direct energy, or energy that happens as a result of direct energy.

• natty
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Indirect Energy

• Lynn
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axgUF

I would normally think of the difference as the difference between say a gas oven, where it is burnt directly to produce heat and cook food in peioples homes. Firewood would also be a form of direct energy in this context. Indirect energy is things like coal, which gets converted to electricity, which people use. It is indirect, because when you turn on the lights, they lights themselves do not burn the energy from the coal. Instead, the energy is indirect, because it comes in the form of electricity.

• Kes
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Solar energy can be used to directly heat a house (through a window, etc.) or indirectly by burning wood grown using solar energy.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

um, did you go to a school in meriden? because in social studies i have this exact question word for word XD

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.