Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 1 decade ago

Any money to be made in Astronomy?

Well, im gonna head to college soon, and i love astronomy. But my family says since im pretty pro with computers, i should major in something with computers to make more money, Does anyone know if thers some money to be made in the astronomical field as well?

Update:

I really do not want to be in this for the money, but this current economy, i just have to know =/

4 Answers

Relevance
  • GeoffG
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I don't know of anyone who is into astronomy to make money, except maybe the people who run programs to let people name stars. In fact there are a lot more graduates in astronomy than there are jobs in astronomy, so many astronomy graduates end up doing something else for a living. Interestingly enough, what most of them do is work with computers, since studying astronomy teaches an awful lot about computer science.

• Feythe
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Astronomy is like Teaching, you don't get into it for the money. LoL

If you want money, get your degree in Physics or Chemistry, and get a job with a big corporation, then go on and get your doctorate in Astronomy.

• A
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

dude u should know that no1 needs computer technicians unless they have smething on the computer than they need to save.

for the average joe, we just toss out our old ones and get a brand new one instead of getting it fixed

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

whether it's computers or astronomy, do it bcuz you are interested.

if you are only in it for the money, you will fail.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.