Spiritually speaking, how infallible is Human Logic?

I heard an interesting talk today given by an astrophysicist professor from Athens. One of his points was "Science is based ultimately on human logic. How we perceive the universe, what methods we use to explain what is around us, how things work etc. But, since human logic is far from perfect, flawed even, how... show more I heard an interesting talk today given by an astrophysicist professor from Athens.
One of his points was "Science is based ultimately on human logic. How we perceive the universe, what methods we use to explain what is around us, how things work etc. But, since human logic is far from perfect, flawed even, how can we know that we are explaining what we see and measure correctly? Humans have a tendancy to marry logic with desire."

He posed this question to us, and I am repeating it (translating very badly from Greek).

He also said that 'perfect logic is Love.'

Don't know his religious tendancies, but he also involved religion as 'perception of flawed logic' as well.
Update: Is it just me, or does this make more sense in Greek? :)

Oh well, I tried to give you the gist of it.
Update 2: Happy Funtime: I should have said that! Good point.
Update 3: Ode to the Damned: No, the do 'illogical things' out of lust. If our motive is love wouldn't this world be a better place?
Update 4: Agape. That's the Greek word. You are right. It's vastly different from Eros (romantic love)