Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 decade ago

Does pet land sell good rabbits ?

I wanna buy a good rabbit for my birthday and me and my mom cant seem to find a store that sells them so plase help me

Favorite Answer

Hi....I've been raising and showing rabbits for 10 years. I'll answer your question and add a little more. Rabbits make very good pets with the right amount of attention and care. They are also very low maintenance. They do best alone, I never recommend housing them with another rabbit even if spayed and neutered. Spaying and neutering is really pointless, a waste of money, and an unnecessary risk and pain to the rabbits. Most claim that it affects the rabbits personality, but I have breeding bucks and does that are the sweetest rabbits you could ever find and have had fixed rabbits bite me, so really it all boils down to the rabbits individual personality and the amount of attention and handling it gets. Adequate attention from you is really the best option. The rule of thumb for the cage is that they need a cage big enough that they can lay stretched out in any direction and stand on their hind legs without hitting the top. Cages should be wire floored with a dropping pan (with pine sawdust, not cedar) so that they are not sitting in their droppings, the only thing you have to watch with that is if they get sore hocks. Sore hocks are places rubbed raw on their feet, which if they get them should have Preparation H applied to them twice a day until healed. But if you get a plastic resting mat with slots in it so droppings can still fall through they should be fine and not have any problems. Their diet should consist of a good, quality timothy pellet feed with 15-16% crude protein from somewhere like Tractor Supply or a feed mill near you. They usually come in 25 or 50 lb. bags and cost between $8 and $15 and will last you a long time so store it in something like a rubbermaid bin to keep it fresh. Some brands I like are Purina, Showrite, Heinhold, Producers Pride, or DuMor. Please avoid pet or grocery store brands, as you can never tell how long it has been sitting on a shelf or what is in them exactly. You can feed a timothy mix hay if you want to. I never recommend that rabbits be fed fruits, vegetables, or grass as it can cause fatal digestive problems and almost always causes diarrhea, which results in dehydration. Other than the daily feeding and watering all they really need is to be brushed with a slicker brush (unless you get a mini rex, rex, or satin then just use a little water on your hands and rub the fur back and forth and if you get a wooled breed it's more complicated) about once a week and then nails clipped whenever they look like they are getting long or about every 2 weeks. They do good inside or outside. Just please, please find a reputable breeder to buy a rabbit from if you choose to get one. The American Rabbit Breeders Association is a good place to start. On the ARBA website you can research breeds a little more and find some breeders. Breeders are not in it for profit, but to better their breed and they take great pride in their animals. They will be able to help you and guide you through what you need to know, such as general handling, and will be able to better guarantee the animal's health. Pet store's hardly ever know where their animals are coming from and usually have diseases and other health defects that will cost hundreds in vet bills before ending in unnecessary heartbreak. Also, like I do, many breeders offer non-show quality rabbits they have for a special pet price so it will not cost you any more than at a pet store. Hope this helps, rabbits are great to have and please feel free to contact me with any other questions.

Please do not buy a rabbit from a pet store. Often they are taken from their mothers at too young an age. This can lead to health and emotional problems that they will never recover from.

Please find a reputable breeder near you to buy a rabbit from. By buying from a breeder you will get a health guarantee, you will know where the rabbit came from (not from a "bunny mill"), it will be purebred, it will be cheaper than the pet store. You also get all the knowledge and help a breeder can provide you with your new pet.

To find a reputable breeder or to attend an ARBA rabbit show (they are held every weekend all over the country) go to the ARBA website and click on shows. then look for your state and find a show near you. Go tot the show, meet breeders and see all of the different breeds of rabbits (there are over 45 breeds.

ARBA- http://www.arba.net

Source(s): Breeder of show, pet and meat rabbits for 16 years ARBA member 14 years 4H advisor 10 years

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Does pet land sell good rabbits ?

Source(s): pet land sell good rabbits: https://tr.im/10hoF

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/XnITk

There is a store called "Pets" in Stafford. (between Houston and Sugar Land). It is in The Fountains shopping center. I bought a hedgehog there. They really take care of their pets, especially their rodents. I was very impressed, since most places don't take care of their rodent and fancy pets. Now adoption wise, check craigslist. There are tons of owners who want to adopt out their pets. I've been able to find tons of pets on craigslist. Good luck!

• ?

Petland Bunnies

Yeah Petland has some good bunnies. If you look up a breeder in your area you can find a bunny you want for cheaper. That way you can also get it as a bunny. Getting one from the humane society is also good becasue their is a large variety to choose from and they will already come neutered or spayed!

If you've been lied to about it's age, it's not going to be easy. Why do you need to know the age anyway? We only have a rough estimate how old Bunny (our rabbit) is and it doesn't bother us.

No i bought one from there and a week later it died from it not being cared for and the same thing happened to my friend's rabbit that she got from there

They'll have them at your local humane society probably. the rabbits are really cheap. the cheapest i've seen were $25!!