Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 1 decade ago

state of maryland and driving ?

i live in the state of maryland. i have no car isssance they want to have car issuance. they want me to pay a $7 dollars fine everyday i dint have car issuance. right now i owe a total of $1171 dollars fine because i didn't have car issuance since June 20th. and they will suspended my driver regulations on 11/10/2008. are they allowed to do that. and if i get a issuance from the state of va where my daughter live will i still need to pay for that fee

2 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    If your car is registered in Maryland, you'll need insurance with a company that's admitted to write in MD and an MD insurance card; a VA card won't work with a MD registration.

    Just be glad you haven't had an accident without insurance! You think you've got troubles now...

    That $1171 would probably have paid for at least six months of insurance; kinda false economy, isn't it?

  • 1 decade ago

    Of course they're allowed to do that.

    You can't own a car, and have it registered, without insurance.

    If you continue to operate the car without it, it will be impounded, you will lose your license, and you will likely see a little jail time, depending on how long you prolong this.

    Where your daughter lives, doesn't matter in the slightest. It doesn't change where you live. Go pay them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.