Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicLyrics · 1 decade ago

What is the meaning of this song?

The song "Failure to Excommunicate" by Relient K is one of my all-time favorites.. except for the fact that I'm not quite sure what it really means.. here are the chorus lyrics.. it might help you understand more. If you think you get it, then answer please =)

Jesus loved the outcasts.

He loves the ones the world just loves to hate.

And as long as there's a heaven.

There'll be a failure to excommunicate

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

I think failure to excommunicate means that no matter how the world tries to point you out and how excluded you feel from the universe, that this is not possible. I think it means that we are all made equal and good.

The world may not like the person who looks, acts, or dresses differently. The world may not accept the person who has different beliefs but it someone accepts them. As long as there is a heaven, there is no way in this world that the outcasts of society dont have a place to belong. In the end, we are all the same and we all have a place in heaven if we are good people. He or she is saying that as long as Jesus is love, you everyone is included and no one is excluded or stricken from this world.

If Jesus can accept the "unwanteds", why cant we?

PS-never heard the song...just going by the lyrics.

Songs are for each person to interpret through his or her own experiences, even if the song writer has his or her own idea. That is why the performer, Seal, never includes his lyrics, he wants us to figure out what we think he is saying and what he means.

• B!
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Excommunication literally means putting [someone] out of communion. In some religions, excommunication includes spiritual condemnation of the member or group. Censures and sanctions sometimes follow excommunication; these include banishment, shunning, and shaming, depending on the religion

• 1 decade ago

its just a play on words

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.