Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesNew York City · 1 decade ago

is the new york part of the united states?

is is part of the united states

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Kate L
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes. New York is one of the 50 states. It's capital is Albany. New york City is a very popular place, home to over 8 million people and it is known for it's sky-scrapers.

Here is a map of New York:

http://www.myonlinemaps.com/images/new-york-map.gi...

And another:

http://www.new-york-map.org/new-york-road-map.gif

Hope I could help!

• 1 decade ago

co'mon, i would understand if you asked about alaska or hawaii(which by the way are part of the US), but the united states would never have a small country attached to it.(because it would have been invatted a long time ago). dont know how canada is still an independent country.

new york IS a part of the United States. Although, like someone said before, is very different from the rest of the country. New York is a state and New York City is just a small part of the state.

And NO, new york city is not the capital of the United states or of New York State for that matter.- somehow i had a feeling that you would be posting the above question on yahoo answers.

You should ask your teacher, because apparently she is not doing a very good job at teaching you geography.

Source(s): A college education
  • 5 years ago

Um... was there some civil war that I didn't know about??? Of course we are still part of the U.S. The Constitution says we have to be. Isn't that what the Civil War was all about. We don't have the right to secede! Also, I find it interesting that those who are the most voiciferous about gay marriage and homosexuality in general are usually the ones in the closet! They must figure that the more they denounce homosexuality, the less chance that people will suspect them of being gay. Really, how does gay marraige affect your heterosexual marriage? You forgot one far left cause. Disaproval of Shrub! Oops, the rest of the country is with us on that one. Only about 25% (1 in 4) of Americans think he's doing a heckova job! Besides, considering it from an economics standpoint, California has an economy that rivals the rest of the states put together. Also, Californians recieve far less that a dollor from the Federal government for every dollar it puts in. This means that you need us more than we need you.

• 1 decade ago

My friend, I hope you did not fail World Geography in school, of course New York is part of the United States.

Good luck

Native New Yorker

Source(s): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York (State of New York)
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Nomi
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

No, New York is not part of The United States. It is an independent nation. Most people don't realize this since you don't need a passport to cross the border.

• 1 decade ago

Yes

• Johan
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Technically yes, but it's nothing like the rest of the US.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I pity the foo' who doesn't know what country new york is D=

Seriously, go to school.

Source(s): Common sense (not your pink brain mush)
  • 1 decade ago

dont be rude, u dont know if they are from another country.... :)

yes bud, new york is connected to the USA, it is one of our 50 states...

-daniel

• 1 decade ago

Yes, of course.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.