Aren't most 30 year olds virgins? ?

I would say around 80% of 30 year old Americans are still virgins. I am a single, straight, 30 year old, male from NY. I have not had sex yet, as I am not married, nor have I ever been. Heck, I have not even had a girlfriend yet or my first kiss; although I am beginning to consider whether it's about time to enter... show more I would say around 80% of 30 year old Americans are still virgins. I am a single, straight, 30 year old, male from NY. I have not had sex yet, as I am not married, nor have I ever been. Heck, I have not even had a girlfriend yet or my first kiss; although I am beginning to consider whether it's about time to enter the world of dating. While thinking about such things is very exciting, as I have a lot to look forward to, I can honestly say that having sex is now and has always been at the bottom of my list of priorities. I mean, come on, as I think back, do teenagers really have much of an interest in sex, dating and relationships? When I was in high school, all I can remember caring about was hanging out with friends, watching tv and eating ice cream, etc. In college, all I had time for was studying and very basic social interactions (ie. going out for coffee, etc.) I shared these ideas with an acquaintance the other day, and the acquaintance expressed shock and disbelief at my viewpoints. I am a very grounded and realistic person, so this may have been the source of his shock - that someone like me actually dared to speak what is more than likely the reality. America is not the over-sexed world that Hollywood and the media would lead us to believe. Who even has time for dating and relationships these days?

What do you think?
6 answers 6