Aren't most 30 year olds virgins? ?

I would say around 80% of 30 year old Americans are still virgins. I am a single, straight, 30 year old, male from NY. I have not had sex yet, as I am not married, nor have I ever been. Heck, I have not even had a girlfriend yet or my first kiss; although I am beginning to consider whether it's about time to enter the world of dating. While thinking about such things is very exciting, as I have a lot to look forward to, I can honestly say that having sex is now and has always been at the bottom of my list of priorities. I mean, come on, as I think back, do teenagers really have much of an interest in sex, dating and relationships? When I was in high school, all I can remember caring about was hanging out with friends, watching tv and eating ice cream, etc. In college, all I had time for was studying and very basic social interactions (ie. going out for coffee, etc.) I shared these ideas with an acquaintance the other day, and the acquaintance expressed shock and disbelief at my viewpoints. I am a very grounded and realistic person, so this may have been the source of his shock - that someone like me actually dared to speak what is more than likely the reality. America is not the over-sexed world that Hollywood and the media would lead us to believe. Who even has time for dating and relationships these days?

What do you think?

Favorite Answer

Sex is not the only thing important in life, help me ?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AjZkA...

• eryops

In the USA, the average age of marriage is the highest ever, but is still younger than 30, at 26 for women and 27 for men. Also, an estimated 9 out of 10 Americans have had premarital sex. With those statistics, and the huge rate of young people with STD's, it's hard to believe your estimation could be close to accurate. Certainly, when I was 30, most of my peers were either married or already divorced. While I do agree that Hollywood depicts an unrealistic portrayal of American lifestyle, sexuality and having sex have been and continue to be normal parts of coming of age for the majority.

Well, I can't speak for everyone in the U.S., but I can share my experiences and thoughts with you.

I think people explore their sexuality at a rate they feel comfortable with and that's a healthy way of going about it.

When I was 16 or so, sex and the opposite sex became a huge deal. I went to an all girl Catholic high school, so the suppressed teenage hormones really raneth over during school dances and other mixers. True, not everyone had sex, but we girls talked during lunch and on the phone about who was cute, who was dating whom, who was going with whom to the annual formal dance, etc. Oh, we did some studying too.

I went on to a large public university. Actually back in the day my school was featured on MTV as a party school, and honestly I was determined to have a full social (and academic) life. I had crushes and people I fooled around with, and it all culminated to losing my virginity to a bf at the age of 20. Actually I thought I was a late bloomer, but when I talked to my gfs, I found that half were virgins.

Lately I have realized that I haven't been spending enough time on developing the kind of relationships that I would like to have with men. Sure, I've been asked out, but I was always reluctant for some reason!

About Hollywood. Sure, it's oversexed, but that's part of its glamour, I suppose.

I'm 33 and I live in a state near yours!

Jack, I happen to be over 30 and still a virgin but any study out there suggests that less than 5% of American adults over 25 are still virgins. There is no way that 80% of adults 30 can be virgins because most women have their first child by age 30.

Everyone does.

Most people I know got their first kiss at 12 or 13.

Most people I know lost their viginity at 14 or 15.

Simple. As. That.

xoxo, Dez

Good for you! Stick to what you believe in.I am a girl in my thirties and still a virgin.Work on what keeps you happy and busy and don't let people put you down.:)