How can I justify to stop smoking marijuana?

I've been smoking daily for over 15 years. When I stop for more than 30 days I get down and depressed. Normally I'm an upbeat funny guy who enjoys life to the fullest. I'm a successful computer engineer who's worked for companies like Microsoft, at a very high technical level (ie: 10 yrs or more experience). ... show more I've been smoking daily for over 15 years. When I stop for more than 30 days I get down and depressed. Normally I'm an upbeat funny guy who enjoys life to the fullest. I'm a successful computer engineer who's worked for companies like Microsoft, at a very high technical level (ie: 10 yrs or more experience). I've supported myself with my career since I graduated High School with no outside assistance or college education. I've never been fired, arrested, drunk (i don't drink), in a fight, or harmed another living creature. I've had a healthy life and just recently had a chest MRI's with passing flying colors. Although, not a vegitarian, I have made it a point to eat right and try to eat everything organic (fast food is always a no-no with me!). I've never noticed any negative side affects, except for short term memory loss and selective memory. With the way the world is today, and I hate comparing myself to others, it seems like I have it going for me better than 90% of the rest of the population.

With that said, how can I justify stopping smoking?

Just because its illegal? Honestly, I've made it 15 years without getting caught, and any day now my state should decriminalize it. Even if I do get caught, who cares? I pay my fines and I'm back to work in the morning.

Because its expensive? Yes, it is, but I make well over 6 figures and have a nice cushion for retirement with a kick *** credit score to boot.

Someday I could get lung cancer/throat/mouth cancer? Possibility, but with modern science growing rapidly, by the time I do get it, I probably have a 90%+ chance of survival. Plus I have the best insurance on the planet (no copays, no deductables, no nothin)Honestly, I'm more afraid of getting t-boned at an intersection by a drunk than I am with getting cancer.

Anyone got any other suggestions?
Update: Response to Angel: He's only 18, maybe he has other issues, he's obviously not grown up yet... I do have a daughter who is almost 10. I have 50/50 custody with her mother, and we all have a great relationship. My daughter goes to private school and is a 3.5GPA student. I've always heard... show more Response to Angel: He's only 18, maybe he has other issues, he's obviously not grown up yet... I do have a daughter who is almost 10. I have 50/50 custody with her mother, and we all have a great relationship. My daughter goes to private school and is a 3.5GPA student. I've always heard (you're a great father), and I've never heard (you're a bad father). No justification there, sorry.
Update 2: Response to David: The main reasons I'm seeking advice today are the following questions:
Why is it illegal? vs. Alcohol
Why do people look down upon it versus alcohol, anti-depressants, other legal medication?
Why would I stop?
Update 3: Response to BRUTT: Lots of good questions... To answer the general ones, I ask because I live in a society that looks down upon it, both legally and socially. That irritates me. I shouldn't have to "hide". If my next door neighbor can openly drive to the nearest bar or liquor store to get... show more Response to BRUTT: Lots of good questions... To answer the general ones, I ask because I live in a society that looks down upon it, both legally and socially. That irritates me. I shouldn't have to "hide". If my next door neighbor can openly drive to the nearest bar or liquor store to get hammered and risk the lives of others when he drives home, that's what bothers me. I have no intentions to stop, but I wonder if there is anyone out there that could argue differently. You are less than 1% of the population who lives their life free of anything. Congratulations! The rest of us though, were never taught that and have to figure it out for ourselves.
Update 4: Another response to BRUTT: Your comments are like most others who don't have any experience or real training, but you like to regurgitate what the media/government/FDA has shoved down our throats for decades. You obviously don't have an addictive personality, therefore you can't speak to half of what... show more Another response to BRUTT: Your comments are like most others who don't have any experience or real training, but you like to regurgitate what the media/government/FDA has shoved down our throats for decades. You obviously don't have an addictive personality, therefore you can't speak to half of what you say authoritatively. With that said, I can't take anything you stated with merit and can only take it with a grain of salt.
Update 5: Response to BarkingBear: I've quit a few times in the past for various reasons, either I needed it to pass a DT screening, or just to see if I could do it... Every time though, I ended up sinking into a depression when life has been fine otherwise, and it ALWAYS hits me around the 4-5 week mark, assuming... show more Response to BarkingBear: I've quit a few times in the past for various reasons, either I needed it to pass a DT screening, or just to see if I could do it... Every time though, I ended up sinking into a depression when life has been fine otherwise, and it ALWAYS hits me around the 4-5 week mark, assuming thats about when it has depleted from my system. Its wierd, almost like clockwork.