Which places should I avoid in Thailand if I do not want to see sex tourism...?

I just want enjoy unspoiled country, don't want to see western tourist taking advantage of thai girls...tanks

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

well, if you are disgusted by the sight of older men walking around with younger women, you might find that anywhere - - but, please remember that you are in another culture - - and often times a Thai lady will look far younger to you than she actually is - - When my wife was in her early thirties, she came with me to USA and everyone thought she was a young teenager, like 14 or so - - and you can go out and still enjoy the nature, but try not to be too judgmental of the Thai and their choices in an older mate who might be, for them, far preferable to a younger mate who might drink too much and hit them - most of them have had enuf of that - they surely will not judge you

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Better not go to Phuket, there you will see female tourists taking advantage of local Thai men - for money!

Well, there are beer bars and go-go bars in many cities, Bangkok, Phuket, Chiang Mai, Pattaya and a few other places - but no one is going to drag you into a place against your will! Some women are afraid that their husbands or boyfriends will be seduced - they won't - unless they want to! Thousands of tourists walk by these bars every day and never have any problems! You will see more risque activities on your own countries beaches than in public in Thailand.

So, if you want to avoid most of the major cities in Thailand you might want to choose a different country to start with! There are bars in most countries, you avoid them don't you? Nothing different for Thailand!

Tourists taking advantage of Thai girls - 99% of the time it is the girls (or lady boys, or boy toys) taking advantage of tourists! A Thai girl that is 30 years old will still look like she is 18 years old, being petite doesn't mean young either, keep that in mind too!

So, act like a grown up and take Thailand warts and all! Make the most of your trip, ignore what you don't like (just like back in your own country) and accept the beauty and uniqueness that makes Thailand so special.

Good luck.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

don't worry, prostitution is only limited to red light district, even if you go to the red light district you won't see much if you do not enter the bar or brothel, the most you'll see is western guy holding hands with the thai girls in the street, thai girl pulling business etc...there is nothing like "taking advantage" in the public

If you really want to avoid then you should avoid, PatPhong area in Bangkok, Ratchada in Bangkok

There are a few more areas I can't really remember.....just seach for Red Light District, Thailand.....i m sure you'll find it.

Just enjoy yourself, don't let that spoil your holiday, that is a honourable job...at least for the Thai

• 1 decade ago

You might see older western men with young women, but you will not see much real evidence of sex tourism. even in Pataya the Thai minister for tourism ,several years ago reported to his government that he saw no evidence of prostitution.

Many young Thai women go to the touist areas looking for a husband and many succeed,, Who is taking advantage of who,

Source(s): Happily married retiree living in Thailand with my thai wife
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you want to avoid sex tourism, skip Thailand. Go to India, Maldives or Sri Lanka. Plenty to see and enjoy the beauty of nature. For bargain offers see the website referred below.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If I were you, I be more worried about some poor thai girl taken advantage of your boyfriend then worrying about western tourist.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

its the thai girls who take advantage of the western men.avoid pattaya some areas bangkok .go to uttaradit area thats still not got a lot of tourist problems.

Source(s): wife comes from uttaradit
  • 1 decade ago

its al over the place, avoid, pattaya, bangkok, chang mai, hua hin, phucket,

try going to some where like lopburi and saraburi, sakaeo if u want to see country and no farang ( westerners )

• 1 decade ago

Then you should avoid Thailand.

Source(s): Life
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.