when we pray to God, are we praying to Jesus Christ or God the Father?

i always thought wwe were praying to God the Father but recently at school we always pray to Jesus

Best Answer

We are praying to God in Jesus' name.

• Karl P

I pray to Father God in Jesus' Name.

Pray to God.

Source(s): †Christian†

You are praying to both because of the Trinity(God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit) they are all one in the same so at school if you are praying to Jesus then you are also praying to God the Father

Jesus is God so by praying in Jesus name we pray to the Father

If you believe Jesus is God, or one aspect of him, then the answer is obvious. However, if you believe they are two separate individuals, as I and many others do, then read scriptures like these for an answer: John 14:6--". . .No one come to the Father except through me." If Jesus was God he wouldn't have used that wording; he wouldn't have said "through me". Philippians 2:5, 6--although existing in God's form (a mighty spirit creature) he didn't consider himself equal to God; indicating two separate individuals. verses 9, 10--in the name of Jesus every knee should bend (in prayer or honor) to God's praise.

My mind is on other things, so that's all I can come up with right now. I hope it helps.

we are praying to God the Father in Christ's name

• glory

Jesus said to pray to the Father in His name. So I pray, "Father, in the name of Jesus...."

Ephesians 1:17

[For I always pray to] the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, that He may grant you a spirit of wisdom and revelation [of insight into mysteries and secrets] in the [deep and intimate] knowledge of Him

You pray to God the father in the name of Jesus.

Christ said when you pray to the father in my name it will be granted unto you. I don't remember the scripture but he said it before he ascended.