when we pray to God, are we praying to Jesus Christ or God the Father?

i always thought wwe were praying to God the Father but recently at school we always pray to Jesus

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

We are praying to God in Jesus' name.

• Karl P
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I pray to Father God in Jesus' Name.

• 1 decade ago

Pray to God.

Source(s): †Christian†
  • 1 decade ago

You are praying to both because of the Trinity(God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit) they are all one in the same so at school if you are praying to Jesus then you are also praying to God the Father

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Jesus is God so by praying in Jesus name we pray to the Father

• 1 decade ago

If you believe Jesus is God, or one aspect of him, then the answer is obvious. However, if you believe they are two separate individuals, as I and many others do, then read scriptures like these for an answer: John 14:6--". . .No one come to the Father except through me." If Jesus was God he wouldn't have used that wording; he wouldn't have said "through me". Philippians 2:5, 6--although existing in God's form (a mighty spirit creature) he didn't consider himself equal to God; indicating two separate individuals. verses 9, 10--in the name of Jesus every knee should bend (in prayer or honor) to God's praise.

My mind is on other things, so that's all I can come up with right now. I hope it helps.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

we are praying to God the Father in Christ's name

• glory
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Jesus said to pray to the Father in His name. So I pray, "Father, in the name of Jesus...."

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Ephesians 1:17

[For I always pray to] the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, that He may grant you a spirit of wisdom and revelation [of insight into mysteries and secrets] in the [deep and intimate] knowledge of Him

• 1 decade ago

You pray to God the father in the name of Jesus.

Christ said when you pray to the father in my name it will be granted unto you. I don't remember the scripture but he said it before he ascended.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.