Pete Carroll flip flopping?

I heard pete talking on the radio this morning about wanting for there to be a playoff...first of all, I agree...but... pete wasn't talking all this stuff when his team was unbeaten and ranked #1 for many years and when they won the NC...back then, pete would say 'we are focused on the Rose bowl' and everything... show more I heard pete talking on the radio this morning about wanting for there to be a playoff...first of all, I agree...but...

pete wasn't talking all this stuff when his team was unbeaten and ranked #1 for many years and when they won the NC...back then, pete would say 'we are focused on the Rose bowl' and everything else would work itself out...

now that his team is needing a TON of help, he's bitching about there being a playoff system...

Is his flip flopping because his team needs the help? Would he be FOR a playoff if they had beaten Oregon State?

I know the answers, just looking for your thoughts