okay not to start a religious debate but i'm 1/2 Jewish but I follow the Christian religions?

I was brought up in basically an atheist home well just not a real religious home,, and now that I'm older (not much) lol but I really feel like I have a great relationship with God,,but I have never been judged so much,,here's where it gets tough,The people that are judging me the hardest are my knew found Christian friends and why? Because I don't go to church on Sunday,,and my favorite verse of the bible is John 8 about not judging people,,it just amaze's me that right there it teach's people that there not qualified to judge other people,,and to tell you the truth that's one of the biggest things that turn me off about chuch, I've been to so many and I've been in the bathroom and to so many functions I could'nt believe the amount of adultry and gossip, and I'm not here to be a hypocrite because i'm sure this is a test maybe but they look at me and talk about me like before when I lived with my boyfriend like I was fricken Jezebel,,they don't know where I've been, how I pray, how I cry, how I pray for, what good deeds I do,,just as i don't know what they do, and the same "Christian woman" who basically disowned me for not going to church,,she was a pastoors wife until she found out he was screwing the secetary,,and now she's married 14yrs later just a few months ago and there already in counseling and she has a down syndrome child who he wants her to put in a home,,,this stuff is just more then any soap opera you could watch,,but since I don't go to church physically I'm doomed,, didn't BTK the serial killer go to church,,,and I go to church every sunday it may be in my living room to dr, charles stanley,,,but i'm there,,in my pj's with the phone off the hook and my bible so God bless,,,am I so wrong?????

um spare me you: your the exact kind of people i'm talking about, I'm so sorry i'm lost and not good enough for you and have wasted your precious time,,I hope you have an explanation for God about your comment,,Oh I forgot your probably a "chosen one" and won't be questioned!!!!

ok for you ignorant people jewish is also a descent not a religion and yes part of my family practices the religion I don't so ms ( i need to grow up you need to read a book) are you even kidding me? are you seriously that dumb??? and a lot of people are 1/2 Jewish you nit wit,,,,

Paper back I wrote you a little note on your web site for you ok?

OMG FORGET FOR A MOMENT ABOUT THE JEWISH THING OK? IM NOT JEWISH HAPPY EVERYONE, CAN WE MOVE ON FROM THERE, OK??? I WON'T BRING IT UP AGAIN OK,,IM TALKING ABOUT JUDGEMENTAL PEOPLE BUT I HAVE FOUND MY FAIR SHARE RIGHT HERE AND GUESS WHAT I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO GO TO CHURCH SO THANK YOU, YOU HAVE ALL MADE MY POINT SO CLEAR! YOU CLAIM TO LOVE GOD, YOU CAN'T EVEN GET PAST THE JEWISH THING,,,BUT OH YOU LOVE GOD SO MUCH,,,WHAT THE HELL,,,THIS IS EXACTLY MY POINT THANK YOU "TRUE CHRISTIANS" I'M SURE THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT GOD WANTED YOU TO TELL ME! YA KNOW TONIGHT I NEEDED COMFORT DUE TO MY SISTERS SUICIDE BUT YOU GUYS HAVE JUST MADE IT CLEAR FOR ME TO FOCUS FIRST AND FOREMOST ON THEJEWISH THING, MAYBE THAT WAS THE ONLY THING I HAD TO HOLD ON TO WITH MY REAL DAD BUT THANK YOU FOR TAKING EVERYTHING AWAY FROM ME TONIGHT,,,GOD BLESS EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED,,YOUR HEARTS ARE SO PURE,,DON'T FORGET TOMORROW IS SUNDAY YOUR BIGGEST GOSSIP DAY !!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

Hey Elizabeth ! Just be what you believe in,and don't worry about how other people judge . For who are they to be judging you to start with .I'vee seen so much **** in Desert Storm & Iraq that

I could care less of what anyone thinks of me .I got one life to live & I will live it my way , not somebody else's way of life .I don't give a flying duck any more . So just do as you believe and don't worry about what others think of you OK Baby Doll .

And this is for all the one's that down load on Elizabeth ? Just who appointed you to be the expert on any thing . Post your Sign of your knowing everything about life . You'll burn in "Hell' for all your sin's being so judgemental ..I'm a big @ss - H*le who dislikes ! Anyone that tries to tell someone

who or what they are . What in the name of God gives you that right ? I'm also half Jewish ! And you will not belive me .

I think that you people who dis-belive me are part of the Anti- Christ ! Prove me wrong ? Your just pure evil for saying what you said about Elizabeth The Jewish Princess ! What you need to do is ask for forgiviness for all your sin's . And also tell Elizabeth just how sorry you truly are ! She's a very nice lady . And you should learn how to repect her as you would want to be respected . Now do the right thing and tell her just how sorry you are for hurting her feeling's ! If you don' then you are under the control of Satan himself ! Sorry is so easy to say . But truly meaning it comes from the heart ! I truly believe that we should become as a one ! And not condemning one another because of our belives .

Wow, God has laid some things on your heart, that's for sure. He wants you to seek the whole truth. You only have part of it.

First of all, it is a deception that we can't judge others. We can judge others within our "churches", who should know better than commit the sins. We are not to judge those outside of our "church", who don't follow true biblical doctrines or don't know "God".

Don't get me wrong, we are all sinners, but those within the church need the support of the church to avoid sinning continually. Churches nowadays are not giving or teaching sound biblical principals. The pastors in those churches are going to be judged by God harshly for that serious mistake.

All organized religions are based on nothing more than MAN MADE doctrines designed to decieve the people so they will agree and serve the pagan traditions, laws and rituals.

Living with your boyfriend out of wedlock was a sin, but you were not a Jezebel. A Jezebel is a woman that tries to have control over men, or is preaching from the pulpit. That is what is referred to as a Jezebel spirit.

It is obvious you have been truly seeking God, but in all the wrong places. The majority of mainstream churches today are not true churches as Jesus taught. They are teaching a false gospel. This is why there is so much gossip and backbiting going on that you speak of. They have deceptive spirits of divination in them. You are right to come out of them.

However, finding good biblical teaching on the TV isn't the answer either. All the TV preachers are preaching deceptions and false doctrines as well.

Many, many people are leaving churches in droves and starting home churches where the real word of God is being taught.

The people are getting tired of the milk toast oatmeal sermons, where the same thing every Sunday is being said. Nothing is being taught concerning repentance and the true gospel.

So no, you are not wrong, just misled.

Check out this website, learn the truth:

You are not Jewish if you didn't grow up in a Jewish household. Did you have a bar mitzvah? Did you celebrate all the Jewish holidays? If not, you must learn about your heritage and convert just the same as any other convert. It's the Christians who tell you that you are Jewish whether you want to be or not -- not the Jews. If your mother had converted to Judaism, you would have been a born Jew just the same as if your mother had been a born Jew. It's up to you to decide who you are, but I certainly hope you will learn about your Jewish heritage! .

What religion is 1/2 Jewish? Is that a 1/2 religion. Where does it say you must attend church? You're a Christian? Better do a little studying on the subject.

• Chaya

There are a couple of organizations that support descendants of Jewish/Gentile intermarriage. If you are exploring and deciding, the two sites below offer options and explain a Noachide path as well.

http://www.half-jewish.org/

http://www.half-jewish.net/

Once you drink Christian Kool Aide, then you are no longer "half Jewish" but 100% Christian.

It sounds like you're in the middle of a whole freaky control/spiritually abusing situation. You also might want to educate yourself on setting boundaries,etc. if you stay where you are. http://www.spiritualabuse.com/

There are Jewish sites for this as well, but you seem to be in a Christian mess.

Shalom and Blessings

Are you half Jewish like Obama is a Christian Muslim? What's that? Anyway, you don't have to go to church to be a good Christian. If you follow the teachings of Jesus then you are well on your way.

Jesus said that He hand picked his twelve disciples and even one of them (Judas) turned out to be a devil. The point being, there are bad pastors but there are also great pastors, like my own. I've known my pastor and his wife for over 26 years. If you watch Charles Stanley I'm sure he encourages you to find a church that you feel comfortable in. The reason is this, as a Christian we need to cling to our spiritual life support system. It is three fold, reading the Word, engaging in sincere prayer and attending a church were Jesus is honored. Satan has many tricks. One of his tricks is to lure you away from your help and then destroy you.

As a Jew I have two things to add:

1. Find yourself a different place to explore your Christianity. I've met plenty of moral, soulful Christians. You've hit a poor patch of people.

2. You're not 1/2 Jewish. You're not Jewish at all by Jewish standards. You'd have to be practicing Judaism to be Jewish AND either child of a Jewish mom or converted to Judaism. You're not practicing Judaism & Judaism isn't an "ethnicity" you keep. The ethnicity comes OUT OF the religion even when done very secularly.

I can see how you would be frustrated with going to church. Remember, Christians are not perfect. When I see Christians at my church doing something unChristian i just tell myself that i am not there to judge them and I am not there to be judged by them. I go because it helps me grow spiritually, and if you are in the right church, God is there.

Source(s): Me
  • marcus

You are "so wrong" about being 1/2 Jewish. You are either Jewish or you are not. Since your whole long, rambling statement focuses on "church" I would say you are not Jewish.

edit: I can tell religion means so much to you - "THE JEWISH THING."

Source(s): Reform Jew