Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

How do you achieve inner peace?

It's really hard for me to feel good about myself and fellow man with the world in its current state of affairs.

Any advice on how I can clear my mind and achieve inner peace? What do you do? It sounds so easy to meditate, but I can't consistently free my mind of worry.

Favorite Answer

Meditation takes time, It can be hard at first but it pays off in the end just do a few min a day and you will see progress.

I achieve inner peace by regular meditation, Right speach, right action, right thought. Living in gratitude and love. I commune with the natural world. I respect myself and accept my divinity and that of all things.

I do not dwell on the bad i learn and move on, I do not fear the unknow i enjoy the thrill of the unexpected. I live my path and it is right and sacred as is yours

Blessed Be and i wish you the best on your path may you find peace, Know thyself, you are God/dess

The first step is to realize that the world is not a rotting cesspool of misery. There are awful things happening. There is starvation and oppression. But we as a whole are at the highest standard and quality of living in the history of humankind.

Learn, appreciate and embrace science and technology. Think, be certain our actions truly are for the better. Much of what people do attempting to be helpful turns out to be harmful because we do not think everything all the way through. For example almost all actions in the name of environmentalism harm the environment and humanity. A person dies every 12 seconds on this planet from malaria, a preventable disease, but environmentalism is in the way.

Find self-confidence and true compassion. The world is a marvelous place, filled with beautiful things. It's up to you to make the most of that.

Recognize that ending suffering comes through real action. No amount of prayer or meditation will have an effect on anyone. You accepting Jesus won't feed anyone. Finding peace with your imaginary friend won't stop wars. It is up to us.

Well, although it's been recommended to you before, meditation really does help. Start slow, maybe only five minutes a night. Practice does really make perfect when meditating. Also, you may want to get some things to aid you - there are chinese balls called...I Ching? (probably wrong on the name) which you massage in your palm.

One of my favorite techniques is to simply concentrate on breathing, you can do this by counting in and out with each breath and at the same time imagine white light coming in with each inhale and black, negative energy leaving with each exhale.

The Buddhist "Eightfold Path" is a great thing to practice in order to live a better life and to free your mind of such negativity as the world brings. It can be adapted to any religion - so don't feel like you are going against any codes.

You will need to follow the steps backwards, "Right Concentration" being meditation - then work yourself up.

Right View

Right Intention

Right Speech

Right Action

Right Livelihood

Right Effort

Right Mindfulness

Right Concentration

hope this helps! good luck

Fear is a good thing it keeps you from sticking your hand into the fires of hell, like I do and achieving divinity. Inner peace or serenity has a price of stagnation, that keeps man from evolving, keep that in mind.

It's statements like this that have created the world we have. Let go, let go of all of the past. It no longer exists, except in your mind, when you remember it. Today is a new day. Meditation is great. But you can heal the world by healing yourself. It's true.

Just clear your mind when it fills with worry or fear. Love yourself first, and the rest is easy.

• Lynx

Relax. Find some where that has no worries in it. Go there and relax for awhile. Eventually you will find that the place offers peace just by thinking about it. I like to go by a river and enjoy the sun and sounds around me.

achieving peace comes from the Holy Spirit that dwells in us,we are in the world but not of the world that is to say we live by Gods blueprint for life(the bible) and not the worlds.Ask God to help you and have faith,trust that He will do just as He said He would,reading the bible will help and encourage you

I ty to trust that God has everything under conrol. also I try not to be angry or do anything that keeps me from liking who I am when I look in the mirror. The most peace I get is when I forgive myself and others. There is alot of peace and freedom in that. Also accepting things and people and places the way they are. Try saying the serenity prayer every morning.

remember this: If you can't do anything about it, stop worrying. If you can do something about it, stop waiting and go do something.

it may seem like you are only one person, too small to help, but once you start helping you will realize how good it feels to help even one person each day.

Source(s): agnostic

It is an inner reassurance that you know what ever happens around you, you are maintaining your righteousness and morality, and you know you have the Holy Ghost as your guide, and as it says, you feel the...."peace that passeth all understanding."