how can i fix msn error for free?

when i sign into msn i get error 80048823. i think i might have gone into a website called blockingyou.com is there anyway of fixing this for free?????

Favorite Answer

hi

SYMPTOMS

Windows Live Messenger could not sign you in because the sign-in name you entered does not exist or your password is incorrect. Error code: 80048823

SOLUTION

Before you start. Did you enter correct Username and Password?

1. The date on your computer needs to be set properly. Double click the clock verify that the time and date are set.

2. If your password information is not saved, verify that you are typing it in with the correct case (uppercase or lowercase).

3. Change your password at http://passport.com to something smaller (under 10-12 characters), then try signing in again.

4. If you use a firewall (like ZoneAlarm, Norton Internet Security etc.), it's possible that Messenger doesn't have the correct rights to access the Internet, especially since you upgraded. You may need to re/add Messenger to the allowed list of programs in your firewall if this is the case.

5. If you disabled your firewall in the past, it still may be blocking Messenger. Try restarting it and see if that helps the situation. You also might try uninstalling an installed firewall, to verify that it isn't causing a problem (even if it is disabled).

6. Clear your IE cache and cookies. Open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then Internet Options, then click the Delete Files button, and when that's complete click the Delete Cookies button.

7. Check your IE Security settings. Open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then Internet Options, then Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section, and verify that "Check for server certificate revocation" is unchecked. Also verify that 'Use SSL 2.0' and Use SSL 3.0' is checked, then click OK.

8. Click Start, then Run, and enter the following:

regsvr32 softpub.dll

then click OK

and do the same for the following:

regsvr32 wintrust.dll

regsvr32 initpki.dll

9. If using MSN Messenger 7, click the Tools menu, then Options, then Connection category, click the Advanced Settings button, uncheck all the options, click OK twice and then try again.

►►►anyway if you gave your password away it may have been changed

--> you can use the 'forgot password' option and select using the secret question or the alternative mail

►if it doesn't work or if your password was changed complete this official form to get your account back

http://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlma...

☆¸.•*¨*`•.☆ï ђøρε ï ђεlρεð☆¸.•*¨*`•.¸☆

::: (\(\

*: (=' :') :*

•.. (,('')('')¤°

☆¸.•*¨*`•.ђคשε ค ηï¢ε ðคу ¸.•*¨*`•.¸☆

☆¢øρчяιgђτ ©2008 χคηค™☆

★ðøη'т ¢øρу, вε øяιgιคℓ★

I dont know the answer to your question but I've had problems with the newest msn, with it changing my name back to one I had months ago & not having all my contacts/not allowing me to be added or add people. I had version 7.5 & that worked perfectly for me, but like you I was prompted to upgrade before I could sign in. At the moment, I'm trying to find somewhere where I can download 8.1 because apparantly that works if you change the compatability mode. Any ideas where I can download 8.1 because I can't seem to find anywhere searching google; only the newest version appears to be up for download.

. Verify your sign-in credentials on the Windows Live ID website.

1.a. Visit http://account.live.com .

1.b. Click Sign in with a different account.

1.c. Enter the Windows Live ID that you used with Messenger and the correct password.

1.d. Click Sign in.

1.e. You will be presented with a sequence of characters to enter. Enter the sequence correctly, and then click Sign in to unlock your account. Note: You will be presented with this only if your account is locked by multiple sign-in attempts.

2. If you are unsuccessful, try to reset the password. To do this, follow these steps:

2.a. Visit http://account.live.com .

2.b. Click Sign in with a different account.

2.c. Enter the ID, and then click Forgot your password

2.d. Follow the steps in the wizard to reset your password.

2.e. If you need help resetting your password because you cannot remember your secret question and answer or alternate e-mail address, contact Windows Live ID support. To do this, visit the following Web site, and then select Windows Live ID:

http://support.live.com

2.f. After you successfully reset your password, go to the next step to update the settings.

3. If you are successfully signed in by using your account information, remove the saved credentials, and then reenter the updated credentials. To do this, follow these steps:

3.a. In the Messenger sign-in window, select your e-mail address from the E-mail address drop-down list. If you do not see your ID on the list, go to step c.

3.b. Click Forget Me, and then click Yes to confirm the deletion.

3.c. Type your e-mail address and your password.

3.d. Select the Remember Me and Remember my password check boxes to save your sign-in information, and then click Sign in.

4. If you receive the same error message again in Messenger, follow steps 1 to verify that your account has not been locked again. If the account is repeatedly being locked, contact Windows Live ID support for help regaining your account. To do this, visit the following Web site, and then select Windows Live ID:

http://support.live.com

Basically, check your conection...

Obs its working cause your posting on here..

iv used blockingyou.com before, just wait like 30mins and it should let you back on!

xx

Well

If you are searching for Msn you can download it for free here http://j.mp/XXMWyz

It's amazing.

I hope it helps

go to google.com then write msn error code 80048823

get a new msn

If this is the new live messenger , you have to install contacts with it

you can find it with live mail

Hi there! Go to www.xhamster.com for the funniest videos if you want to laugh!

download new msn?