Is it my fault that he hurts me?

I have been with my boyfriend for about 4 months. during that time we recieved traumatic news. both of us. clearly it affected us both differently. i have become very intense and emotional. in a fight i become clingy. scared of losing my boyfriend and so i wont get out da car or room that we are in until we... show more I have been with my boyfriend for about 4 months. during that time we recieved traumatic news. both of us. clearly it affected us both differently.

i have become very intense and emotional. in a fight i become clingy. scared of losing my boyfriend and so i wont get out da car or room that we are in until we resolve the situation (this is stupid and wont achieve anything-i kno this and i AM working on it! but that is not the question)

he hurts me. often. in every fight actually. he has twisted my wrists, pulled me arm behind my back till it hurts. put his hand around my throat and choked me until i almost passed out (this happens often) slapped me through the face and thrown me out onto a tar road wit extreme force (amongst others)

he says its cos i get clingy and emotional in a fight and that i wont walk away. he has never ever even laid a hand on a girl before me... yet wit my its a weekly occurence

i kno i should learn to walk away in a fight... but am i really to blame? is it my fault that he hits me? i understand that i dont walk away and he's angry. but i we never talk and i just dont kno how 2 get through to him.

its happening wit greater ease.

is it my fault? as i said he has never done this before?

PLEASE help! i dont want 2 lose him but this physical and verbal abuse is eating away at me and turning me into the very thing he hates most-an insecure clingy and emotional wreck