Roman Catholic Christians and Christians Do we all accept Jesus as our Savior?

The answer is yes. But, is that all that is needed to be saved? Don't you feel that the words of Jesus, Himself, "He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood will receive eternal salvation" John 6:55, mean anything to you. Aren't we all under obedience of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ? Wasn't it desire for us to receive Him in the Most Blessed Sacrament of the altar or is there another meaning to this , that I just haven't got yet?

http://www.drbo.org/cgi-bin/d?b=drb&bk=50&ch=6&l=5...

The focus of this question is the words "He who EATS my FLESH and DRINKS my BLOOD" Christ, Himself, in the True Presence of the Most Holy Blessed Sacraments. If you truly believe this is Him you would yearn for this Sacrament.

If you say that some of the diciplies walked away from him, turned their backs on him, and he didn't call them back and that it is in the bible. Shouldn't all christians partake in the Living Bread in order to be saved and why can they not see this. If they are so willing to accept Him, why do they not Receive Him in their hearts.

Best Answer

Unfortunately the reformers put their own slant on this verse and today non-Catholics interpret this to mean that Jesus was refering to His word(teachings) and not literally His body and blood.

Remember too that when Jesus spoke this to the disciples many walked away and left Him,they called this cannabalism as they still do today(funny how somethings never change) but the point is that Jesus meant exactly what He said, if He did not then why didn`t He call these people back and explain,the answer is that He meant His body and blood and nothing else.

Catholics believe that their Holy Communion, the Blessed Eucharist, is the actual Flesh and Blood of Jesus Christ, because that is what Christ said It was: ``This is my body... This is my blood'' (Matt. 26:26-28; see also Luke 22:19-20 and Mark 14:22-24); because that is what Christ said they must receive in order to have eternal life: ``. . . Except you eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you...'' (John 6:48-52; 54-56); and because that is what the Apostles believed: ``The chalice of benediction, which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? And the bread, which we break, is it not the partaking of the body of the Lord?'' (1 Cor. 10:16). ``Therefore whosoever shall eat this bread, or drink the chalice of the Lord unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and of the blood of the Lord. But let a man prove himself: and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of the chalice. For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh judgment to himself, not discerning the body of the Lord.'' (1 Cor. 11:27-29). Also, Catholics believe that Holy Communion is the actual Flesh and Blood of Jesus Christ because that is what all Christians believed until the advent of Protestantism in the 16th century.

God bless.

A Christian is someone who believes that Jesus Christ is the messiah, and makes some attempt at following his ways. Roman Catholics believe this, so Roman Catholics are Christians, yes. There are many Christians who believe in evolution and that the earth is 4.5 billion years old. There are some people who try to change the definition of a Christian to something else, or they have a different term called "True Christian" which excludes Catholics. You can politely disagree with them. I hope this helped.

• korban

Hello, we all accept Jesus as our Lord, but Many MANY have rejected his teachings and Worse his sacraments.

No Jesus meant for Us to eat his flesh and drink his blood so as to join him in death and Resurrection of our bodies.

The Whole bible speaks of this if you have ears to listen,Jesus made it very clear that unless we eat his Flesh we have no life in us,hence the Heretical movements away from the saving grace of his Sacraments.

Truly my heart aches to see so many follow a false teaching and move so far away from tradition handed down for all generations to have life to the full, we are all called to the supper to receive food for our journey! this Spiritual journey is fraught with danger and is the reason why Christ asked will there be any faith when I return? He saw the move away from his offer of life and I'm sure he wept, yet he knows only those drawn by the father will know of these things, this is why it is so important to hold onto this gift of Christ's presence amongst us, because if it goes the Holy Spirit will go with him, and the world will stop. That's how important the Eucharist is!

Let us who remain faithfull praise him all the more.

God Bless.

Yes, But any churches that accepted Jesus as Savior is Christian.

Either you receive Holy Communion or not you can still be safe with the grace of God.

Jesus is so powerful to save even those that never been baptized as being with desires to be safe. Jesus is so saving toward those who have education of mind of a 1 mintues baby.

Source(s): Admirable be the name of Our Greatest God now and forever and ever!

Yes! John 6! And John 6:67 says that this teaching was too hard for some of His disciples and they walked away from Him. He did NOT call them back and say, 'I just meant it symbolically'. (John 6:67 After this, many of his disciples went back and walked no more with him.)

The Eucharist is the true Body and Blood of Christ! What joy He brings us in his Sacrament!

Source(s): Bible

I Have Been Saved (past event)

I Am Being Saved (present event)

I Will Be Saved (future event)

I Save (by participating in Christ's salvific work)

Jesus says four times "I AM the bread from heaven." It is He, Himself, the eternal bread from heaven.

In the Our Father, we ask God to give us this day our daily bread, that is the bread of life, Jesus Christ.

I think that means that we should be true christians. It means that we should live our life like Jesus Christ himself. We should live a life that is like Jesus who has everything since he is God himself. A life with good values and virtues. A life that we put Christ himself on the center of our lives. We do everything in the name of Christ. I believe that believing in him alone does not assure our souls that we will be saved. We should be practical and do not just simply believe. We should Live it on our lives.

Catholicism teaches that Jesus is God Incarnate, the One Saviour and true Lord

The Real Presence is central to our celebration of the Lordship of Jesus

If the presence of Jesus in the Eucharist is merely symbolic ,then could not His Lordship be merely poetic and symbolic?

I take it you mean the regular attendance of Mass and receiving the sacraments ? Yes I guess we can all plead to be a bit lax in that area; but that does not make us any lesser a catholic.

• Bruce

To "accept Jesus as our Savior" has no biblical basis. But Jesus specifically taught us that to eat his flesh and drink his blood is necessary for salvation.

Our Protestant friends claim to honor the Bible as the only source of salvific information, and to accept his teachings on faith. But when confronted with information that does not support the evidence of their eyes, they reject his teaching and effectively excise John 6 from the Bible.

God wants us to worship him in a specific way, revealed by Jesus. He wants us to eat his body and drink his blood in a sacred meal, a meal that gives us eternal life. This is not onerous, not difficult. It is not a cause to reject him, as did so many when Jesus revealed this fact:

John 6:60: On hearing it, many of his disciples said, "This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it?" . . . For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray him. He went on to say, "This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled him." From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him.

Cheers,

Bruce