Who makes Vizio? Sony? LG? Sharp? Panasonic?

This is not a question. I am actually answering my own question here because I attended a long electronics seminar where I was able to talk to a couple of Vizio reps, along with Panasonic, Sony, Sharp and several others.

The question for ages has been: "Does Sony Make Vizio?"

Answer: No!

Who really makes Vizio? It is AmTran Technology of Taiwan.

"Who makes their screens? Perhaps Sony or Sharp?"

Answer: Vizio LCD screens are made by LG. Plasma screens are Panasonic seconds, which are most likely older technology and/or Panasonic rejects. The Panasonic rep said they are their screens, but they are totally different grade than the ones in Panasonic TV's.

Unfortunately, LG was not there to confirm whether their screens are really being used in Vizio displays, but many experts I spoke to confirmed this is true. It even hints towards this if you search Vizio's website.

Question: "Are Vizio TV's made in the USA?"

Answer: NO! Not one screw is turned in the states during assembly. They are made in China/Taiwan. According to the Vizio rep I spoke to, they are made to Vizio's spec overseas. Vizio has absolutely no hand in the manufacturing of Vizio TV's. Vizio gives the requirements to AmTran and they make them for from whatever parts fit the bill. The Vizio reps justification for this was that many other companies don't make their own products, so why should Vizio? "AmTran is the best maker of HD televisions, which is why they were chosen by Vizio".

The CEO of Vizio, William Wang, is the former owner of Princeton monitor company. Princeton went out of business a few years ago. This left Wang free to be the mastermind of Vizio televisions. Your "American Made" Vizio only employees about 100 employees in the states and has no say over the people or talent responsible for the Vizio phenomenon. Accoding to William Wang, Vizio aspires to be the next Sony by selling their discount televisions at Costco and Wal-Mart.

Vizio's real website.

http://www.amtran.com.tw/

Vizio Sony LG Sharp Deals

Vizio HDTV’s are made by a Taiwanese company called Amtran Technology. According to an article on Forbes.com

I have a m series 55 inch vizio tv, I recently repaired. It has an LG screen if that helps?

I will never own another Sony television. No support and after 18 months the infamous blue line appeared. May buy a vizio because expensive televisions don't hold up any better then a Vizio

• martha4 years agoReport

Hope you haven't yet. Vizio is NOT the one to switch to. Horrible products. I was a fan to begin with. Until I got a good taste of what they were really like. Two month old smart tvs that do not work....constant excuses...the list is long.

vizio lg westinghouse,insigina all the junk tv s are made with bulk parts old parts leftovers and seconds from other cos from some wierd china co like aacacoo and the sounds goes out about 9 mos

Best Vizio and LG TVs

http://amzn.to/1Kx0jIt

In my rec room I have two Tvs hanging, one is an lg, the other a vizio. The lg remote operates both.

• R. Y3 years agoReport

The same thing for Samsung and Sony -- same IR frequency. I have LG and Vizio same room -- I taped over the Vizio IR receiver port and I have to point the remote directly toward the Vizio to have effect. It isn't perfect, but I like both sets - both 55" and both have great pictures.

no vizio is not made by sony

After reading all the reports about Visio TV'S I can say that they are made up of left over, reject, obsolete and old technology parts.

who makes sony tv's