Why do people like to smell their own fart but get grossed out when smelling other people fart?

I couldn't find much info on the internet. I was trying to find out why people enjoy smelling their own farts but are disgusted at the same smell of others when they fart. The same could be said when someone is taking a number 2 in the bathroom. Many people love smelling and seeing their number 2 but get totally... show more I couldn't find much info on the internet. I was trying to find out why people enjoy smelling their own farts but are disgusted at the same smell of others when they fart. The same could be said when someone is taking a number 2 in the bathroom. Many people love smelling and seeing their number 2 but get totally grossed out when it's somebody else. A lot of people enjoy picking their nose too and have no problems touching their boogers, playing with them, flicking them or wiping them on covers. But why do they get so grossed out by someone else's boogers? Don't tell me it's because the farts are coming out of someone else's butt and not your own, or that number 2's are coming out of someone else's butt and that it's because boogers are coming out of someone else's nose and not your own. There has to be more scientific and psychological reasoning behind this. I want to know.