Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

rec
rec asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

Insurance that doesn't have a military/war clause?

My husband and I are looking to add to our life insurance policies now that we have a child and more assets. He currently has a small policy through USAA, in addition to his SGLI. The "family" policy I have at work doesn't cover deaths during acts of war, declared or undeclared. I'm wondering if there are any policies we can add that don't have a similar exemption?

Favorite Answer

Every insurance company is different, but I have found that when I challenged them on these kinds of aspects they have responded favorably.

For instance, I am a rated aviator and many insurance companies have an aviation rate-up that charges a higher premium because of my occupation. I debated with broker and state my case that flying is safer than many other activities that they don't rate up. He agreed and adjusted my policy.

A war clause should also be challenged. There were more Americans killed in DUI -elated incidents than combat deaths during the Vietnam War. The two wars that were in now have significantly lower death rates than Vietnam.

I would present an argument along these lines and if they don't agree, then I would change insurance companies. Just like everyone else nowadays they are hurting for business too.

USAA is the only one that I am sure of you may check CUNA they offered some sort of life insurance through Navy Federal Credit Union a while back.

In addition, your husband also gets up to 400,000 on the SGLI program, and can opt to get you a 100,000 on the spouses program through the military. He just has to update his paperwork and request it on the form...then turn that into his orderly room.

Source(s): US Army, 18 years

You have the option of getting more insurance from the military

It's true. See the post from the 18 year Army person

first,you should collect some resource by searching the relevant keyword in search engine,if you got good luck there ,then your problem solved.however,if you are not able to find the ideal answer by doing that,here http://www.insuranceidea.info/free-insurance.htm is the resource i recommend.

I don't believe there is any such animal.