Can someone help me write a expository paragraph?

I need help with a expository paragraph on New York City!!

• Feisty
    Favorite Answer

These are pretty good directions!

Expository Writing Plan

1. Choose one subject.

(Your example answer will be: mosquitoes)

2. List three reasons.

(Your example answer will be:

1. annoying when I am outside

2. their bites itch

3. they carry diseases like the West Nile Virus)

3. Each reason gets a paragraph. (The paragraphs must only be about one reason each! Stick to the topic!)

4. Examples follow each reason.

5. Use the subject and reasons to construct your

introduction and conclusion.

Next, model an example of a good body paragraph for one of the reasons you listed. Here is an example that you could use. (Tell them they can pull from your paragraph: One reason I hate... and For example...)

One reason I hate mosquitoes is because they are so annoying while I am outside. For example, whenever we have cookouts, they want to swarm all around the food. Also, when I go fishing with my Dad, we always have to wear bug spray. The bug spray always stinks to high heaven! Then, if you do not want to use bug spray, the only other way to get them to leave you alone is to wear long sleeves. Yet, who wants to wear long sleeves when it is hot outside? Nothing ruins your day like bloodsucking mosquitoes.

Do something easy like dolphins or just watch animal planet and pick one of those animals.