Diet tips for kids?????
Hi I need some diets tips for kids
diet tips for a 12 year old girl
- EccentricLv 71 decade agoFavorite Answer
1) The very first thing u should keep in your mind and that is the extra weight u put on didn’t come in overnight so it is not possible and also unrealistic to take it off quickly. You have to show patience. Please remember learning to eat well and exercise is the only solution to long-term weight loss.
2) The 2nd important thing is that your body weight is controlled by the number of calories you eat and the number of calories you use each day. So, if you consume fewer calories than you burn, you will lose weight. You can do this by becoming more physically active or by eating less.
3) The 3rd important thing is never skip ur meal or go to a crash diet. Don’t ever try to starve urself. It is very important to understand that when you skip a meal or go on a crash diet, the result is that it slows your metabolism to conserve your energy. And when you lose weight too quickly for a few days, your body thinks it is threatened with starvation and goes into survival mode. It fights to conserve your fat stores. There fore keep in mind never try to skip ur meal, especially breakfast and always try to take food on time
4) Before starting any type of diet, weight yourself and note ur whole body measurement in a dairy. Then after every week weigh your self again and compare with earlier measurements and see how much weight u r losing. Record a goal that you can reach in one month that is 4 to 8 pounds less than you weigh now. Set a goal you know you can achieve.
Now some tips how to set ur diet plan.
5) Start taking your food with out any oil. Try to use boiled/steamed vegetables, meat, and lot of salad. U can eat fresh and raw fruits, boiled/steamed chicken or red meat too but no pork. Please note and put it in ur mind that nothing fried or oily.
6) No Junk Food, Potato & Sugar Please.
7) Drink at least 3 ltr of water daily. Make ur habit to drink water as much as u can. In this way you are not only flushing out toxins, you are also teaching your body that it no longer needs to store water. When you feel starving, drink it as much as u can. Pls remember water is a natural appetite suppressant.
8) Make you habit to use brown bread & sugar. Skimmed or low fat milk & yogurt.
9) First try to avoid any type of soft drink but if u want to taste some thing sweet then drink any soft drink (remember use regular one, no diet cola pls) once in a week
10) Make ur habit to eat once a day a vegetable soap or Thai soup (as ur dinner or lunch) But remember no corn flour in it.
11) Just look at your food portion. It is much better to eat several small meals a day (like 5-6 healthy meals a day) than eat either one or two or three huge meal a day.
12) The most important factor in any weight loss plan is how many calories you consume each day, and eating too few is the most common mistake. Divide ur diet into 5-6 healthy meals a day (1 plate size only)
13) One bowl of oatmeal can be taken as a break fast
14) Smoking & any kind of hard drink is not allowed in this diet.
15) Try to chew ur every food as much as u can, and then swallow it into ur stomach.
16) Watch out ur every drink and every single piece of ur food. Stay away from fatty foods, junk foods, synthetic foods, foods with preservatives and too much carbohydrate. Don’t try to take foods that are made of white flour for example white bread, cakes, pasta etc and food contain sugar such as cookies, ice cream, candy etc.
17) Remember after every 15 days you can take once in a while with a little treat any thing u like. But remember just a small portion. For example one small personal pizza or one small burger or small pastry.
18) Try to adopt some healthy timing. Early to rise and early to bed. No late sittings.
19) People usually want Quick and Easy result, we are all impatient. U have to be patient in terms of ur weight loss and never give up. Always keep in mind that slow and steady win the race.
20) At least take this diet for 3 to 6 months. When u feel that u have achieved ur desired weight then make this is as a Life Style change for ur entire life. Remember do not focus on just losing weight; try to concentrate on diet plan forever so that u will never have to loose weight again. Occasionally u can take junk food too.
21) You have to keep in mind that above plan is a not a quick thin program. Don’t try to deceive ur body. It will destroy your metabolism and in the future the proportion of gaining weight is much higher and easier than today.
22) Never ever go for any type of Diet pills or any drug which claim that it will reduce the weight quickly. Taking Diet pills will kill u.
23) Exercise: Rule-of -Thumb: remember the formula for weight loss and that is Diet= 70% Exercise= 30%. So remember exercise is must with every diet plan.. The best indoor exercise machine is tread mill. Run daily on tread mill for 30 mnts ~ one hour as per ur convenient. If you don’t have Tread Mill then best indoor Exercise is skipping.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
I would not recommend a child to go on a diet. You're still growing, plus you don't want to get in the bad habit of dieting. Trust me! If you are worried about your weight, join a sports team like cross country.
- 5 years ago
This is the most panic work for all mothers that how to serve healthy food to their kids as well as tasty. Most of the kids ignore fruits, vegetables. Kids love to eat junk food, chips etc. Smart diet plan for kids: http://www.mycity4kids.com/parenting/the-motherhoo...
- 1 decade ago
All there is 2 say is don't eat allot of bread, wheat or white its not that good 4 u, don't drink soda or drinks with allot of sugar in it, go 2 the gym and work out. U really cant do much at your age, y don't u just live your life and nor worry about these things.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 1 decade ago
well first remember not to take away from her but portion her meals out.. remember she is 12 and still has ALOT of growing to do so don't assume the most. You need to treat her kindly about this because its a delicate age to feel fat. So my advice (from experience) portion meals.. add more veggies to the dinner table and milk and water.. but remember this should be added for the WHOLE family not just her.. you want her to feel part of the family and not excluded plus it wouldn't hurt for anyone else to get a little healthier
- PaulaLv 54 years ago
Regular water comsumption is more important because dehydration can make you thin you re hungry
- 5 years ago
Diabetics can eat anything a non-diabetic can eat. You just have to make an adjustment for carbs/sugars. Learn here https://tr.im/mO93k
It is better for diabetics to eat slow burning carbs: potatoes, peanut butter, vegetables, breads, dairy products, etc. VS. fast burning carbs: candy, sugared soda, cakes, ice cream, anything high in sugar. Just know what your carb/insulin ratios (how much insulin you have to give yourself for the amount of carbs you are intaking) are. Adjust according to the amount of carbs(sugars) you are intaking. And, you should be fine. Natural sugars are better than processed sugars.
- 5 years ago
If you have a seperate room keep small useful exercise equipment Use those equipment while reading and listening songs
- 4 years ago
fly a kite for 20 minutes
- 4 years ago
savory umami ingredients such as mushrooms low sodium soy asparagus and olives can help you feel full and add an earthy home y quality to your healthy dishes
- 5 years ago
50 minutes of cross country skiing