Why can't I sleep when I'm wearing socks?

If I'm having a hard time falling asleep, I'll realize that I'm still wearing my socks. As soon as I kick em off, I'm out like a rock. What's the deal with that?

Favorite Answer

Well, the socks are either making you uncomfortable enough to were you can't fall asleep, or it's all in your head. Either way, a quick fix for keeping your feet warm and sleeping well would be to fold a thin cover over the end of your bed, just about a foot or two up from the bottom. Then your feet stay warm, and you don't have to wear socks.

• Maggie

I don't know, but when I was married to my first husband, I always slept with my socks on and he used to tell me that,that was why my feet were cold. So one day I took them off and it was true that my feet got warm. Ever since I have never been able to sleep with my socks on.

I don't know. The exact same thing happens to me. Some of my friends can't sleep without socks. lol i have no clue. I guess some people just enjoy their feet being cold without even knowing it.

I can't sleep with socks on either.

But I get hot, so I'm not sure.