upper lip.....20 characters...20 characters...?

ok, i have a little bit of hispanic blood in me, and so i have some hair on my upper lip. i used to get it waxed but it costs too much for how often you have to go in. my friend says that she shaves hers (just like a man hahha) and she said that people are completely wrong when they say that it grows back really dark and thick.

is she right? or does it grow back dark and thick?

psh thanks 12 year old julianne.

and hello james!

Favorite Answer

she is right. hair naturally gets darker and thicker as we get older because the root system becomes much deeper, shaving has nothing to do with it. in fact at sally's beauty supply you can get a 3 pack of razors for under 6$ made especially to exfoliate while removing hair. in spa's its known as dermabrasion hair removal because it does safely and painlessly remove the hair and dead skin cells but these razors are made to use on dry skin and may itch for a minute after, just rinse with water and the itching stops. the razors are generally mint green, yellow and pink if you go in looking for them but for the life of me i can't remember what they are called.

Source(s): been doing esthetics for 3 years now.

Lord Peregrine Ponceby Smyth. Lady Annabelle Carter- Appleby. Sir Edward Greenacres. Lady Penelope Greenacres. Rt Hon Richard D'arcy Tredwell Dame Gertrude Wright- Heyho

Waxing and plucking are the best way to remove hair from the upper lip. Shaving does make it grow back thicker and darker and you will eventually have to shave everyday.

Most places don't charge but about $7 to $10 for waxing and it only has to be done every 2 - 4 weeks, with the occasional tweezing between waxing.

• --

I don't suggest shaving, its too much of a hassle and it doesn't grow back thicker usually, thats sorta a myth, but it does appear to be thicker because the razor chops off off the edge and it makes the hair appear jagged and sharp.

The best method that worked for me is sally hansen wax strips. Their only about 4 or 5 dollars for a box, and they have a bunch of them in there. Their just these strips that you rub together to heat up the wax, peel it off, and wax the moustache right off lol.

It definetely works for me, and I've tried a lot of things lol.

They sell them at most drugstores, or places like walmart.

Good luck(:

Hiya al i am going to say is that just buy some waxing strips or thread what i do its realy easy qiuk and it grown in about a week and a half which is not bad beocuase if u shave it comes back in like 2 days or so, it WILL grow thicker and darker ! So take ma advice and USE it

Thanyouu

Bye

xx <3

Whatever you do - do not shave it! It will make it worse, I think your friend is wrong, but I'm not completely sure. Best thing to do is just to get a cheap waxing kit from a drug store or even Wal Mart. If your upper hair is not really that long you can use a bleach product made for it, HOWEVER, if it is long, people will notice it because it kinda glows in the light, but if it isn't that long, just bleach it.

Good luck!

It doesn't grow thicker or darker, but it does grow stubblier, and the effect is not pretty. Learn to use cold wax strips, they're fast and easy, and you can pluck off stray hairs with tweezers, weakening them gradually.

I'm not sure whether she's right or not. My friend is completely hispanic and she just gets some hair remover gel and the hair all comes out within a few minutes. Try that.

isn't there some type of cream hair remover that you can use for that? For delicate areas, like you can also use that to remove hair in the bikini area? I think Nair makes some type of extra gentle hair remover cream. Use that don't shave!

• Amy

it will grow back darker and thicker in MOST cases- it will also be hard and stubbly the day after shaving. I would get a cheap at home waxing kit from walmart, do not shave it.