Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationAircraft · 1 decade ago

Rip-stop nylon suppliers?

I am planning to build an airship. I have all the engineering and measurements done, but I need suppliers. What I currently need is a supplier of rip-stop nylon who sells large amounts for good prices. I don't have any certain estimates for cost, so I could use any suppliers that have good deals. I need approximately enough nylon to construct a baloon 100 feet in diameter with two or so layers. If anyone can help me find a supplier, it will be much appreciated. And please, don't say my airship idea won't work. I would just like to attempt it. Thank you, and have a great day.

• Favorite Answer

google ripstop nylon , you will get 911,000 results, surely you can find a supplier in amongst the results.

Good luck with your "adventure"

The U.S. Department of Commerce announced today that McMaster-Carr Supply Company (McMaster-Carr), an Elmhurst, Illinois supplier of industrial and commercial hardware, has agreed to pay an $8,000 civil penalty to settle allegations that McMaster-Carr committed eight violations of the antiboycott provisions of the Export Administration Regulations (EAR).

The Commerce Department’s Bureau of Industry and Security charged that McMaster-Carr failed to report its receipt of boycott-related requests within the time period required by the EAR. The alleged violations occurred in eight transactions involving sales of goods from the United States to Oman, the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia. McMaster-Carr voluntarily disclosed the alleged violations to the Department.

Acting Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Export Enforcement Lisa Prager commended Senior Compliance Officer Ned Weant, who investigated the case.

Best luck for raw materials IMO is McMaster-Carr... won't stick it to

you price-wise either.

Source(s): Been using McMaster for 8 years now.